2024 FF Original Discussion Thread

One of the clowns (99% it was Morris) had gone with it on twitter, but his post is gone now. No surprise at them trying to be the 1st, instead of being accurate

1 Like

I have contingencies from topdon, so we are a good chance to get through the majority of the round by tonight.
Regardless, FAā€™s will go ahead tomorrow night for those coaches that want to adjust their list to suit tomorrowā€™s team selections. It is also an opportunity to get into any Brisbane and Carlton round 2 bye round scores that played in Opening Round.

You guys have just been making up names for a while.
Donā€™t think we havenā€™t noticed.

3 Likes

@Alber_Goodthur
Iā€™m not sure how to pass on the AFL Fantasy website, so Iā€™ll assign someone like Angus Brayshaw to you and you can delist him at the next FA night.

2 Likes

Lol has anyone ever passed a pick before? I still have like 4 picks left!

2 Likes

I tried to a few years ago and was told I wasnā€™t allowed to do it. I wanted to leave a spot open for FA. Couldnā€™t understand the logic why not back then so I just selected someone then dropped them first FA night.

1 Like

Weā€™re at the dregs of the dregs by this point and the site has dropped its previous data on players, so it is pretty much picking blind.

1 Like

I do recall one year when you had the last pick and were aiming to go over the time limit to take the pick so you could find out more info (not sure if it was injuries, SSP signings or team selections).
Iā€™m not overly worried as long as Angus Brayshaw doesnā€™t suddenly come out of retirement.

The quicker we get the draft completed, FA going and I get a good chance to muck around with AFL Fantasy prior to the first game, the better. Hopefully the draft finishes by lunchtime tomorrow (at the latest) and there is no overlap between the draft and FA.

2 Likes

Agree. But I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to run FA until the draft is finished.

Whats the time limit for picks?

5 hours.

Iā€™m hoping it doesnā€™t occur.
24 hours to get through a round of picks should be more than enough.
Maybe I can push FAs to lunchtime on Thursday, but it gives very little time to pick up your FAs on AFL Fantasy prior to the first round beginning. Itā€™s manageable for Aussies, very difficult for our O/Sers.

Iā€™ll be fine

Jimmy Webster is an interesting one @Trotters . You must be patient or confident in fielding a team

I figure Iā€™m better off waiting 7 weeks until heā€™s scoring 50-60 than taking 15-25 from anyone left over.

2 Likes

@Alber_Goodthur passed on his last pick.
So heā€™ll have to pass on this next pick too.

@You_Shall_Be_Smoten is fine to take the next pick.

Take your time with this pick. CBā€™s pick wonā€™t be taken for another 9 hours.
If you can, send contingencies for pick 179 and we should be done with the draft tomorrow morning and be able to prepare for tomorrow nightā€™s FAs.

2 Likes

I left contingencies with @Blummers32 so he can pick for me straight away, no need to wait 9 hours for me.

1 Like

Jack Carroll already picked by redbull @You_Shall_Be_Smoten

2 Likes

I see Carlton have two Carrollā€™s!

Yep.
You can take another pick.
You chose the Carroll that is already taken.