2024 From Long Range Competition - Round 6 Results

It might be a tad late but it’s back for season 2024! The tipping competition with a difference. No need to pick your tips week by week - you pick them all before the season starts!

Now in its 18th year, From Long Range (FLR) is a competition available exclusively to all Blitzers. Originally conceived and run by Mero, FLR provides you with something to do in the off season, as well as an interest during the season no matter how the Bombers are going.

Past winners include:

2007 Sloots
2008 Mero
2009 swoodley
2010 #11
2011 Red Rover / Plugs
2012 WindyDill
2013 Paddyl90
2014 Ivan
2015 Quietachiever
2016 CrazyBomber
2017 Paddyl90
2018 Klawdy
2019 swoodley, samwoods, Cyberbomber
2020 Yossarian
2021 Lifetime_ban
2022 samwoods
2023 stuka
2024 ???

This year’s major prize is a Tim Watson Hall Of Fame Legend jumper in the (one day to be) traditional clash jumper format. It has the name of every Essendon player sublimated everywhere except the sash plus some other details of Tim’s career on the inside neck. It’s brand new with tags and is a size XXL which will suit some of you but others might want to frame it.

If the winner doesn’t want the jumper, they can optionally swap it for this year’s booby prize! It’s something a little different – an original Bomberblitz polo! The winner of this will be selected at random at season’s end, so you all have a chance of winning something even if you are no good at tipping. If the winner opts for the polo, the jumper will become the booby prize.

Yes, you could be part of an exclusive bunch of Blitzers who currently don the polo. From memory, there were only about 20 of these ever made. Mero organised it - he’d probably remember. I think wimmera1 even has his name embroided on his. Anyway, if you wear this to the footy you’re bound to be recognised by other Blitzers. (Wait, is that a good thing?)

Most of you know how it goes, but for those who don’t, here are the rules and instructions:

1. You must be a BomberBlitz member to play.
  2. Download the entry spreadsheet from here FLR 2024 - Your Blitz Name.xls
  3. Rename the file with your BomberBlitz name.
  4. Select the predicted winner (or draw) for each of the 207 matches of the season. Note: You may have to “Enable Editing” to be able to make your picks.
  5. Email your entry to BomberMcVeigh @ Gmail.com (without the spaces). Give it about 24 hours to be processed as I’m not checking that inbox too often.
  6. You must do all of this BEFORE Thursday 7th March 2024, 19:30 (start of the season) Any entries received after this time will be ignored.
  7. Any games that you don’t select a winner for will be assumed to be the AWAY team.
  8. Only one entry per Blitzer, including those with multiple personas.
  9. In the event of a tie, all winners will be recognised in the honour roll however due to the uniqueness of the prize, there will be a countback for the prize winner with the tipper with the most "9"s, “8”'s etc. being the winner.
  10. Darren Bewick
  11. Any complaining or correspondence will probably be ignored.
  12. Entries will be recorded in this opening post as they have been processed.
  13. All “ladders” will be sent in the replies to your entry emails.
  14. Progressive results will be published after each round in this thread.

Go for it!

2024 Entry List (43)
AnnStBomber
Bboy10
bomber3232
BomberAbroad
BomberMcVeigh
Borneo13tk2
Bush
Captain Jack
chess
coldblood
Crazy Bomber
CyberBomber
Dodga
Engulfma
frankston_bomber2005
HurleyBurley
jackman7
Kialla
Kj_11
Klawdy
Koala
Lifetime_ban
Mackster
Muriel_St_Bomber
nickers
paddyl90
percebushby
Quietachiever
RobThommo
samwoods
Scotty21
stuka
sweatyman
swoodley
swooper
thegeoffrode
Vince_Black
Vozdog
Windy Dill
Windyhill
Wrighty05
Yossarian

11 Likes

Entry in…and may God have mercy on my soul :frowning:

6 Likes

The “SMJ” rule.

Thanks BMV. I was getting concerned that it wasn’t happening.

5 Likes

Great news, thanks for running again. I’ll back my system in even though it has been rubbish in recent years.

2 Likes

done! someone’s gotta hold up the ladder :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Entry sent, thanks for this, it’s a lot of work!

1 Like

Well thats my work day sorted.

3 Likes

While this year’s comp is a little later in being posted, l never any fear that it wouldn’t go ahead. BMcV is an institution here on BBlitz, for this very competition!

2 Likes

A challenging tipping comp having to select ALL before the season begins. Anyway, I filled out the forms and submitted it knowing we are in the same boat. All the best everyone!

1 Like

Back in again to prop up everyone else

1 Like

I have the usual suspects in the top 3. Melbourne sliding out of the 8 (although the probably won’t) to let in FC. We will get a chance to break the finals hoodoo.

2 Likes

Melbourne are falling apart before our eyes. I’ll make that adjustment before I send in my tips.

1 Like

And it’s on again, begin again. Thanks to BMcV.

Here’s my predicted ladder. I’ve even surprised myself in a couple of places:

2 Likes

my ladder is a masterpiece :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

No filth, no scum. You win already.

5 Likes

All of the likes!

3 Likes

Brilliant. And we know who the two teams who draw twice but win nothing are… If only life could imitate art !

2 Likes

I really should have waited until after the praccy match…hope I didn’t over estimate us (he says, knowing that he definitely over rated us).

2 Likes

That’s ok. Some of us have thought the same thing. From past experience when I got nervous and changed my selection I was wrong 90% of the time. So I am saved from that phenomenon with this Long Range selection.

1 Like

Entry done, Port Adelaide have a good draw, how does that work?

Good luck to all that enter, see you for the witty chat and observations during the season.

2 Likes