2024 Onfield Expectations

scotty posted that crapola above but all the time he was thinking this -

1 Like

I think for us to improve in 2024, 2mp needs to get back to his 2022 form, Langford needs to continue his good form, McKay needs to shine and Draper needs to be impactful. I think we will struggle otherwise.

1 Like

I’ll cram those cucumbers where the sun don’t shine!

AI that ■■■■!

1 Like

Squiggle have released their early predictions of the 2024 ladder. Have us coming 15th, with 8-9 wins and a percentage of 90%

3 Likes

Well if this proves accurate, it may validate the impact that game winning players have on overall team success……I assume the assessment allows the same probability for every team in regard to the impact on results of long term player injuries but who knows? It may have also taken account of expected quantum of injuries based on injury stats for the last decade?!
I would hope that the full Bomber list become acquainted with this ladder prediction and use it as a motivator to confound our detractors!!

1 Like

Good, if Squiggle had us top 8 I would be concerned.

2 Likes

Well, published assessments of our U18 player cohort place us as about 15th in the comp, so even if they over perform we will struggle to finish in the 8

Well Squiggle. Its a bit of a joke. They base the following year on how you finish in the previous year. But there is a famous disclaimer “past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance” so why bother even putting out a prediction at this stage.

6 Likes

Pretty accurate

Im setting the bar exceptionally low. just show improvement. i dont care what that results in. just fking show some sort of improvement. ANYTHING

2 Likes

Pretty sure they account for list changes and draw. Less biased prediction than anything else really

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not downward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom

6 Likes

I dont know, our past performances
has been indicative of future performance for 20 years.

6 Likes

From my pov, I wouldn’t be surprised if we finished 15th or 7th, I’d be completely shocked if we finished top 4.

3 Likes

we need to win the 3 big games next year thats improvement.

Anzac Day
Country game (cats)
Dreamtime

Blues game will be massive too, can our experienced list deal with the pressure next year.

we will be in the top 8 in the first half of the year and so goes along all the fluff media articles, need to not get carried away and focus on next week.

If we still cant beat pies and cats were pretenders.

if we get those 3 wins, anything’s possible even finals wins.

2 Likes

I find this hard to answer. In the end the last 10 years especially had taught me not to trust this team. 2013 was probably the last time the team had a “good year”. We were fifth place on two occasions this last season and still managed to fall over.

I just expect two years from here on of consistent improvement. The additions this year do outweigh the outs. Would have preferred to keep Zerk but we ended up getting the type of player we needed. Some players need to pull their finger out and show team the form they are capable of.

Would love to see the team win a final. I think the club may have got itself into a psychological lock on the subject but we need to get that monkey off our backs.

2 Likes

I don’t think we need to win those 3 games at all to show improvement. But we do need to put in a much more competitive showing against Geelong

3 Likes

What if I told you everything was finally going to click for us a we finish to 4.

2 Likes

I’d believe that

1 Like

GWS on top. Please.