#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Really hope we give Aaron a chance at AFL. It would be awesome to see these brothers flying the flag together.

Hep.

Had a quick discussion with Heppell’s Mum Sunday and it was pretty inspiring how much the family loves the club. She did mention it’s been a very tough year going to games and not seeing her son out there playing but she goes anyway to support.

We are very lucky to have this family as part of our fabric at EFC.

Had a quick discussion with Heppell's Mum Sunday and it was pretty inspiring how much the family loves the club. She did mention it's been a very tough year going to games and not seeing her son out there playing but she goes anyway to support.

We are very lucky to have this family as part of our fabric at EFC.

Was great to see them at your march too, CJ. Hep hadn’t announced his intentions at that point (from memory), and seeing them there i just thought, “Yep. He’s staying.”

1 Like
Really hope we give Aaron a chance at AFL. It would be awesome to see these brothers flying winning the flag together.

Fixed

Really hope we give Aaron a chance at AFL. It would be awesome to see these brothers flying the flag together.

Hes definitely earned a rookie list spot next year on his form.

Reckon we get a Croatian flag in the cheer squad next season lol.

Hrvatska!

Surely they can work it into the away strip some how. Where’s Vaduka at these days?

Reckon we get a Croatian flag in the cheer squad next season lol.

Hrvatska!

Surely they can work it into the away strip some how. Where’s Vaduka at these days?

Viduka barracks for Collingwood. Ask Bogut instead.

Ready for this guy to explode in 2017.

Bleeds red and black and will lead the charge to see us get back to the top.

Champion.

Will be captain in 2017, Jobe needs to hand it over and let Heppell do his thing.
While Jobe has been on holidays, Heppell has really helped out with some of the youngsters and they all ■■■■■■ love him.
It just feels like it is the right thing for the club going forward now.

I think that Jobe would be more than happy to hand it over and be there for a year to support Hep in the role. Gives him more freedom to enjoy his footy.

Just saw the a brief glimpse of the headlines. “Heppell can’t see”. Is this a side effect of the supplements? When will James Hird take responsibility?..something…something…something…untenable

Just saw the a brief glimpse of the headlines. "Heppell can't see". Is this a side effect of the supplements? When will James Hird take responsibility?....something....something...something....untenable

There are people out there who could write 500 word speculation pieces just from “Heppell can’t see”.

Just saw the a brief glimpse of the headlines. "Heppell can't see". Is this a side effect of the supplements? When will James Hird take responsibility?....something....something...something....untenable

There are people out there who could write 500 word speculation pieces just from “Heppell can’t see”.

99% of them are on this forum.

Essendon star Dyson Heppell says he can’t see Michael Hurley leaving the Bombers

link

August 11, 2016 9:41pm
ESSENDON star Dyson Heppell says he can’t see Michael Hurley leaving the Bombers.

Heppell and Hurley have been holidaying overseas with Bomber teammates during their 12 month suspension.

While the pair weren’t together, Heppell said he had spoken to Hurley over the phone and was confident he would remain at the club.

“From my discussions I’ve had with Hurls I haven’t had any inklings from him that would suggest to me that he is leaving,” Heppell said.

“Knowing Mick, he is a pretty laid back kind of character and doesn’t give too much away. It is hard for everyone to know where he is at.

“From my point of view I can’t see him giving away anything that he is leaving.

“Obviously I would love for the man to stay at the footy club. He is a pivotal player for us. I’ll respect any decision that he makes. That is obviously going to happen in the near future.”

Of the 12 banned Bombers, seven have re-signed for next year.

Michael Hurley playing for Essendon before his suspension. Source: Michael Dodge/Getty Images AsiaPac

Hurley is the most high profile player not yet committed. He is already drawing interest from other AFL clubs including St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs.

Heppell said members of the banned 12 had spoken about their playing futures.

“You feed off each other and you do ask questions but you’re all there to support each other,” Heppell said on AFL 360.

“Whatever decision the blokes make you respect that. It’s not as if we are going, ‘what exactly are you doing?’, it is more, we are there to support you either way you go.”

Earlier this week, Brent Stanton became the latest Bomber to commit to next season.

Stanton joins Heppell, Tom Bellchambers, David Myers, Cale Hooker, Travis Colyer and Heath Hocking.

As well as Hurley, Jobe Watson, Michael Hibberd, Tayte Pears and Ben Howlett are the other Bombers yet to sign.

Ha. headlines…

Essendon star Dyson Heppell says he can’t see Michael Hurley leaving the Bombers - Herald Sun

Heppell Hopeful Hurley Will Stay A Bomber - Fox Sports

Heppell unsure about Hurley - The Australian

Ha. headlines..

Essendon star Dyson Heppell says he can’t see Michael Hurley leaving the Bombers - Herald Sun

Big hair and beards are back - New Idea

99% of them are on this forum.

Ha ha. Correct.

Ha. headlines..

James Hird injected Hurley, Ruined Career - The Age

Ha. headlines..

Man Says Thing - Everyone