#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

It was ‘visions of Hirdy’ last night for this guy.
In the guts, down back, up forward bagging 'em.
Leading from the front.
A fine captain.

6 Likes

Get around him Blitzers!

1 Like

I think the extra attention to Zachy in the 2nd half allowed Dys to get off and show us some magic.

Fantastic game from the skipper straight up. Showed everyone that they were right in picking him and this will really give a boost to the teams morale. Watching he and Zach lead them team up the race is exciting. The future is here and they are ready to make an impact.

Very funny to hear him talk about how puffed he was after 6 mins in the game, kicking a few “sausage rolls” and to see how happy he was at the wrap up is just great.

That would have to be one of the best debuts as captain I can remember. After some scratchy pre-seasons game he just killed it.

It’s weird but he’s a better player than before the suspension. This was by far the best game I have seen him play even if the first quarter was slow.

The way he willed him self into the contest and got into it when and where it mattered was almost dare I say Hird like.

Between him and Merrett not sure who id tag.

I reckon we’d forgotten just how good he is.

7 Likes

Looks quicker and more penetration in his kicking.

Can guarantee that he would not have been able to kick that set shot goal before last year.

The work on his sprinting and speed would have in direct positive impact on his kicking penetration.

2 Likes

The best game of his that I remember I think was vs Adelaide in 2014

Edit: appears he only got 1 vote that game. May have been a diff game or even year as I barely remember last week due to too many brain cells destroyed on Saturday night

Geelong the next week was outstanding too.

It does my heart good, when things are bleak and need a laugh, to mosey over to Punt Road End and read the latest Heppell-related additions to the Reece Conca thread over there.

Hepp has done many, many things for this club and its fans, and will go on to do many more, but this is one I take a very personal pleasure in.

7 Likes

Wasn’t even goal of the game!

4:00

Were there rumours of running training over his break? Seems to have gained a yard of pace.

Seemed slow to react in the first quarter, but by the end of the game he was back to his quick thinking best and was running riot.

You just know they will find someway to give it to Eddie Betts.

1 Like

I certainly never forgot how good Dyson is. That game was great, but he’s played some absolute rippers. He’s not even close to what he’s done and the level he’s gonna go to this season. He was stopping time and pulling out Matrix and Crouching Tiger moves back when he got AA.

2 Likes

Hbf my ■■■■

The message from the skip this week is that we’ve gotta manage loads and make sure we get up for each match each week.

On reflection I think giving Heppell the Captains badge was the wrong move, holds the club back from moving on from the saga.

It is, what it is. I would bypass Zach as well (don’t want a player that was even close to the saga as our captain)

Give it to Pidgeon in 3-4 years

We need a blank canvas

lol

9 Likes

Did I miss something??