#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Thought someone was having me on when I received a phone call from Dys thanking me for the club reaching 65,000 members. I know every member will get one, but nice touch.

7 Likes

Glad to hear he is ‘absolutely stoked’.

I wonder if the same girl that brought us Dons at Your Door was responsible for this?

1 Like

Unlikely. I got this one.

Fark Dys, i’m busy mate. Will call you later!

8 Likes

We must be watching different games

1 Like

Def appears so to me. Seems to be doing the Zach job more and more - providing release for other players under the pump/ pack.
Zach just does it the whole time. Hepps - in waves.

You two are not remembering rightly IMHO.

He was - clearly - our leading clearance and centre clearance (totals and averages) winner in 2015. He’s 3rd-4th this year behind Zerrett, Goddard and Jobey.

Got a call from him this afternoon. Was very talkative, but seemed a little unresponsive to my questions…

21 Likes

He hung up on me when I suggested he stop the short handballs to player under pressure.

Sensitive.

13 Likes

Your using clearances as a guide and I’m using contested possessions, I assumed CP would be a better indication of hard ball gets than clearances.

Wouldn’t be surprising in 2015 - Jobe wasn’t Jobe and then did his shoulder. Zach wasn’t yet on the ball, nor was BJ.
Now - he’s at the bottom of the pack less than the 3 aforementioned. And he’s prob got the most time onballing than any other players besides those 3 as well.
He’s linking up and receiving more, clearing from congestion after receiving…
All IMHO too…

So much for EFC listens…

5 Likes

And here I was thinking I was the only one that Dys rang. Maybe I am not so special as I thought…

1 Like

At least you heard something up there in Dubbo.

6 Likes

Maybe, maybe not. CP includes both hard ball and loose ball gets so its probably a significant correlation between either.

It’s a bit of a grey area, when is a disposal considered a CL ?
Where is the line between Contested & Uncontested ?
What is the definition of a Loose Ball get, if you pick up a loose ball under little or no pressure is it really a CP ?

As I understand, and happy to be corrected if somebody has anything more definitive, a contested possession makes up pretty anything except an uncontested mark or handball receive. So in a stoppage situation, a hard ball get in under the pack is clearly CP, but could also be a loose ball get where the ruckman/other player has hit/handpassed the ball into space outside the contest and a player runs onto the loose ball.

He rang us too on the far south coast of nsw, a recorded message and rang all the country folk?

1 Like

Correct.
Contested possession is very poorly understood IMHO, a ball sitting 40m from anyone is “contested”.
Clearance is first possession in a chain that gets it free of the stoppage for your team, ie “at the coal face”

3 Likes