#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Thanks Lingy.

5 Likes

Absolute superstar

1 Like

It’s why far too much is made of winning contested possession as correlating to winning games. You’ve still got to do a hell of a lot more to win the game than just win the contested possession count. In the modern game of zone defensive and intercept marking I’d suggest pressure acts would be at least just as important metric. Just ask Geelong.

Yeah it was interesting during the Geelong telecast they couldn’t quite work out how Geelong were dominating CP and being smashed. Basically every time they got it Essendon were on them.

2 Likes

I have always thought one statistic that correlates to winning games is uncontested marks.

The more uncontested marks you get shows that the team is spreading from the contest more often than not and finding release players.

Of course this stat can be skewed if all you do is chip the ball around in the back 50.

We’ve done really well on that stat in recent years… last year we did it (to some extent) to eat up time and reduce the chance of blowouts.

Gee, I hope they don’t use an unlisted/Private number or else my phone will reject the call…■■■■■■ scammers!!

Also used alot against good zones. So you’ll have 5 uncontested marks moving the ball across the ground and then a clanger when it finally goes somewhat forward… …

This is where I am confused, so if Jobe is under a pack and does a dinky 2m handball to Hepp who kicks it 30 or more metres does Jobe get the Clearance or Hepp ?
If it is Jobe does he also get contributed for a Contested Possession ?

A free kick is also counted as a contested possession. Once you know that, opinions change about some players games

1 Like

And they say Queenslanders are slow! :wink:
Clearance = First possession in a chain that clears the stoppage.
Centre clearance = same thing if that’s at a centre bounce.
Both would be contested possessions.

1 Like

I was ok till i moved up here then they dragged me down to their level
Thanks for the info HAP

2 Likes

I think also a clearance would normally count as a hard ball get but a hard ball get wouldn’t necessarily count as a clearance, ie if your team mate turns it over.

1 Like

You moving improved the average IQ of both states.

6 Likes

Don’t know whether to say thanks or get ■■■■■■ :unamused:

4 Likes

As a Darwin resident, me either!!

Managed to meet Hep today, is there an easy way to upload a pic without having to host it somewhere first?

1 Like

Why am I not surprised that Hepp dropped a plate.

Short answer is no. But if you have twitter you can post it there and link to the tweet.

there’s an upload option when you reply. At least on iPhone.

2 Likes