#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

If your a mid in today’s game and you get anything under 25 then there’s something wrong

Those stats are all well and good, but where is he in the clutch we need someone to stand up moments? it can’t always be joe or zach.

1 Like

Has no agression in his game at all.when the game is on the line he goes missing

Goes missing for quarters at a time. Very rarely see a solid 4 quarters form him. With him going missing and Watson no where near what he used to be we are no hope. Our short term future was relying on these to players, are inside mids are simply not good enough.

Is a worse captain than Richie Vandenberg. Perhaps needs to play half back, but seriously you couldn’t get the captaincy off him quick enough.

I (we?) have no idea how he is off-field (besides pressers/ press etc), 1on1 with players, etc. seems a ripper of a guy and must be held in high regard by the players, young ones especially.
As far as leading on the ground - what troubles me most is that he fades in and out - hard to be the one calling for players to wake up, put in etc when you’re struggling there. A far cry ATM from where Jobe was a few years ago - often a single shining light, and single-handed pulling us over the line in games.

wow

how quickly does the worm turn on blitz

4 Likes

When worms get into your brain cavity it’s not a good thing.

In Vandenberg’s case, of course, the worms had evacuated long before he became captain.

If he wasn’t captain there’d be a chance he and Watson could find themselves both dropped.

5 Likes

Whole midfield is undercooked. Needs to improve their tank

That is just so stupid

some of you are real farken arseholes.

14 Likes

When Kelly goes at the end of the year could we do worse than out Heppell in his spot?

Granted he doesn’t get his form back

1 Like

Would it be a big deal if we sent him back to the half back line?

3 Likes

Intercepts well, only has to dish it off to conor, mcgrath, hurley or zach.

1 Like

To be fair, … the stupid is so thick in here this evening, you couldn’t get through with a front end loader.

Gotta let them all vent their spleens after the massive crock of stupid we saw on the ground today though. I’m actually numb from watching it.

Inexplicable. Inexcusable.

4 Likes

I don’t get the calls to send him to the backline.

Heppel was an all Australian midfielder in 2014. The year off has hurt him, doesn’t have the endurance or strength he did.

But we’re a few mids short of a good midfield, he has to be one of them.

That was 2014 though

You are probably right and he is still shaking off the rust however our midfield is just too damn slow with him and Watson in it

Personally we could do a lot worse than give him some time off the hbf

1 Like

Always felt he has been a bit overrated due to his high off-field profile.

He’s a player with glaring deficiencies in being an average field kick and extremely slow by foot, an absolute liability with his footspeed when he has to chase.

Was clearly inferior to Shuey in the year he won the rising star.

Was awesome in 2014 for about 10 weeks and got AA and finished 4th in the MVP voting but he was nowhere near being the 4th best player in the league and probably not even in the top 20 that year if you’re being honest.

Said it before the season started overrated as a midfielder and has proven me correct. What’s worse is he is an average leader too that goes missing when the heat is on. A good salesman though sold himself well to the club and fans and that’s how he got the captaincy gig.
A great half bank flanker though he needs to play the hodge role.

1 Like