#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Not clearly.
Arguably, sure.
But not clearly.

1 Like

Any more calls to give him a rest?

1 Like

I did see one simpleton suggest it.

Cooked.
Delist.
Bring in Begley.

Good player, wrong era.

3 Likes

As captain, an experienced player and a midfielder needs to be doing more, a lot more.

1 Like

I would seriously consider playing him off half back next year. I think he could really control a game from half back, and if/when Kelly retires would be the perfect player to play that role.

2 Likes

Jobe was a much better leader, but people like Jobe don’t come along often.

1 Like

The Luke Hodge role…would that require him to start punching and bumping people into posts?

Stats:

2015 averages:
disposal: 25.7
Marks: 4.0
Tackles: 4.8

2017:
D: 26.3
M: 4.9
T: 3.9

That’s not bad for a guy who had a year out of the game. I would imagine his tackle count is down because he is getting to the ball first which is increasing his disposal count.

His disposal efficiency is up, his effective disposal is up, his I50 count is way up (4.4 verses 3.2), his rebound 50 is also up. Clangers are up as well.

2 Likes

He has had a pretty poor year. Be it the captaincy, the year off, injuries who knows what is affecting his form. At the moment he looks really slow and his disposal is average. However at his best he is an AA midfielder, he may not have much improvement left but I’m sure he can get back to that output and be a very good player for us for many years. He will grow into the captaincy, Watson and Goddard would cast pretty big shadows, when they retire the team will be truly his.

and yet it is better than when he was forced to go on a break

I call BS on those 2016 stats. :slight_smile: sigh…

3 Likes

lol yeah it would help if i said the right year!

1 Like

Isn’t an a grade midfielder said it before the season started. Want him playing the hodge role as well, isn’t damaging at all like the top mids in the comp.

What’s his GPS numbers like tho?

The stats mean nothing. You only have to watch the actual game to realise he’s not having much influence over games. Hope he has a big pre season as he’s a much better player than his current output

3 Likes

We must watch different games then because when i watch he is in everything and trying to influence the contest.

And stats do mean something because the comments are that he is down compared to before he went away and yet they are better.

Also that is classic Blitz. “he isn’t doing well at X” stats show he is “well stats don’t mean anything i can see it with my eyes”. Subjective over facts when facts don’t correspond with statement.

1 Like

Really hasn’t been as bad as people make out.

2 Likes

I know you think everyone is awesome and how dare I criticise the captain, but if you can’t accept he’s had a average year by his standards then your just flat out lying to yourself. I mean the bloke is easily best 22, but I think he’s had way, way less of a influence this year than 2015. But according to you his stats are better than 2015 so he must be having a better year. Lol

Towards the back end of 2015 he was being talked as a Brownlow medal chance. That’s how good he was playing. This year he wouldn’t even be in the top 20 influential midfielders in the game

3 Likes