#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

1 Like

Really insipid performance from this bloke today.

In before the: “Yeah. Nah. It was a one off.” Horse ■■■■ that he’ll no doubt trot out after the game.

He needs to take a serious look at himself in the mirror this bloke.

6 Likes

Fark it I don’t know how to say it nicely but I wish he’d get a farking haircut. I know he’s got the surf image thingy and the young fans love it but sweet Jesus that ■■■■ has got to be distracting and limit your peripheral vision. Even a chop to ear level would be an 100% Inprovement. Ok thanks I’m sorry I’m just a very shallow person.

8 Likes

Should give up the captaincy

Not willing to hang him, though I always thought (and said) that it was stupid of the club to give any of the returning players the captaincy. They should have kept it with Goddard and just allowed the R12 to play footy.

Despite this, he would want to greatly improve next year.

6 Likes

And be replaced by?

He is the perfect example of our midfield. Not a modern day player. Its a shuddering thought that our midfield made Sydney’s look quick

You lot are a ■■■■■■■ disgrace.

25 Likes

Carrying a hip injury

Zerret was poor tonight but I would say him or McGrath in 12 months.

Yes I’m serious.

The only reason I wouldn’t make McGrath captain now is the low number of games he has played. That’s it.

why play him then? we don’t have a good record of players dealing with injury.

Zach Merrett is so obviously the next captain it’s not funny. Wasting time.

5 Likes

No idea…but he has been carrying for a while.
Get the feeling if he didn’t sit last year he would have been given time to get it back to 100

Making a 21 year old captain is what Carlton or Melbourne would do. It’s not a great idea IMO

4 Likes

Cutting my post from the other Dyson thread…

Dyson has hit a crossroads of sorts and has a MASSIVE pre season in front of him.

He is too slow to play on the outside

If he is to remain in the midfield he needs to be a contested beast, bulk up and find a mentor
If he’s going to be a playmaker - he needs to go back to half back

1 Like

He’s no ordinary 21yo

1 Like

Did not perform as required today. Very, very poor.

But I think he is a good player and I have faith. I think he’ll learn from this. He needs to.

True, but they said that about Trengove and Grimes too.

I respect your opinion a lot darli.

But Heppells on field leadership seems a little lacking…

• he finds it hard to play on other good players that hurt him the other way
  • his inside midfield game isn’t supported by his thinner frame when compared to other inside bulls
  • he is very slow for an outside mid and his ball use this year has been average at best

He has played 4-6 very good games but has played far to many average games for my liking…

And if you’re the captain but consistently beaten by your opponent (granted they are typically the oppositions best 1-2 mids) it is not that inspiring.

I have his number on my jumper, I love him, he is probably the perfect off field captain this year but in terms of onfield captains he probably struggles I reckon.

Today he led poorly imo.

5 Likes

If you think they’ll take the captaincy away from him after one year then you’re kidding yourself. It just won’t happen.

2 Likes