#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Yes. You don’t have to be the best player to be the Captain.
Case in point is Maxwell from Collingwood.
But you do have to be able to inspire people to follow your example. And I am not convinced that is Heppell.
That’s my opinion.

1 Like

I agree. The players should be hurting. They should be hurting for us.
They get paid. We have to pay to watch this ■■■■.

I can understand if we lose by a few goals by conceeding 10 goals in a quarter, in a final, sums up the effort out there and they can say that they hurt all they want, but push comes to shove they obviously it doesn’t burn enough when the going gets tough. And don’t get me started on those 3 out on the fulls.

1 Like

Our midfield stocks must be in a great spot if we can afford to jettison Heppell off to the half back flank.

2 Likes

Everyone can make their own call, but I think about how good he was in 2014 and I think we’ll see him get closer to that once again next year.

In that elimination final, Dyson was very very good. How much better could anyone have wanted him to be to inspire people to follow? Sometimes teams just aren’t good enough.

Won the Crichton, AA selection and named captain of the best 22 in the AFL under 22 yrs of age.

He didn’t perform to that level this year, but at his age and given he has apparently been carrying this year I reckon he still went ok.

IMO we’ll see a lot more games like Rd1 throughout next year.

1 Like

Our only decent inside mid, and only mid over 6 foot tall, should take his slow running and shaky footskills to the half back line.

the reverse essendon.

draft a mid and throw them hbf.

revolutionary, jackets is putting on a… jacket.

1 Like

I remember when people were trying to argue two months ago that this year was better than his 2014 year. Lol

Very poor captains effort yesterday. And that’s just the harsh truth. I hope he’s filthy on himself and finds another level of form next year, as we need more from him. He’s not influencing games at all anymore and we need that back.

I’d give his year a 7. It was serviceable, a couple of outstanding games, but for the most part he was just solid imo. We need him to get back to elite status, because in 2014 he was there

2 Likes

An awful lot of those highlights are the result of the ruck work of P. Ryder. Heppell hasn’t been the same since he left.

Need to get Draper and his sublime hands into the side asap, because TBell’s big, clunky and unpredictable tap work doesn’t help Heppell at all.

6 Likes

I think people see it in a presentation sense when he is representing the club. I see it as a lack of confidence in his presentation so he hides behind his hair.
Not nearly as bad as Rance I think it was in the AA the other night with his hands in his pockets. Didn’t he listen to his mother/ father/ school teacher about hands in pockets?

Or maybe

Just maybe

He likes long hair.

2 Likes

Maybe he does.

I actually heard an interview with him and they asked him.

He said he has a pin head and looks ugly with short hair.

So I take that at face value.

12 Likes

Poor old Scorpio has to watch. It must be really hard for you. Are you ok?

Or How about a spoon full of concrete so you can harden the ■■■■ up.

Seriously pal. It’s not all about you, hurting your eyes whilst siting watching the telly.

Ffs. Never heard anything so pathetic.

No. It’s not about me.
it wasn’t me that was pathetic.

We’re doing “he should get a sensible haircut”? Farking seriously?!

I have issues with his performance too, but seriously, Blitz plssssssssss

7 Likes

At least he got a trim for his Mad Monday get up

I don’t care either way about his hair to be honest but I think after seeing that Edward Scissor Hands / Mad Monday effort from the skipper, you couldn’t possibly ask him to chop off the locks could you?

Priceless.

1 Like

I really think that Hepp should reconsider his attire.
It’s just not on. Not fitting for a captain.
I, for one, am outraged.
He owes me. Because I like bombers.

5 Likes