#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

All hail the white, middle-aged, middle-class Member of 63 years.

11 Likes

The world need to be more authentic.

If Dyson Heppell has to jeopardise his authenticity to satisfy the club or its supporters because of optics then the club should give it up…

This is what is wrong with the world.

Embrace authenticity.

2 Likes

This might be a little personal.

But for anyone who says Heppell needs to cut his hair.

I hope you don’t parent like that if you have kids. You aren’t relevant.

Joke that people paying out his hair. TIPPA went missing many times also, should he cut hair too?

Dyson had an up and down year by his own admission and the return to footy after year off wore him down at times.

He was also part of a massively underperforming inside midfield group in terms of ball winning ability and pressure (Jobe/Myers), and one where he often sacrificed his game to play defensive roles.

Next year I expect him to be back to his best, with better players around him which in turn will help his footy and output. And still have dreads.

I agree with you. But I also disagree with you.

If we believed in authenticity then we wouldn’t put players through extensive media training courses etc.

Players who become greats of the game are well presented, well dressed and well spoken.

What has age, ethnicity, skin colour and socio economic group got to do with it? Should we get a more authentic opinion from a twenty year old poor black sub Saharan?

1 Like

the players mvp night is meant to be way more casual than the other ones.

It’s a tall poppy Aussie media culture BS that drives it. Like daniher smiling it having fun. And we all buy into that she!t and say get a haircut.

Watch American sports. Interview are way better as is media access. Lots more personality and authenticity.

Over hear expressing individualism = not a team player.

Bad joke.

1 Like

You have no idea what you are talking about. Where the hell do you get off telling people their relationships with their kids aren’t relevant?

2 Likes

I for one would love a guy in dreads performing brain surgery on me.

2 Likes

You aren’t relevant to modern culture if you judge people by their appearance as a rule

And people won’t listen to you.

Not saying people don’t have loving relationships

But trust me the kids ain’t listening to those types of opinions.

I don’t mean to be personal. But it’s real man.

Person would probably be the best in the world to have overcome the bias they would have had to encounter.

It should be mandatory that all our players receive marine issue hair cuts once they are drafted to the club. Perhaps we can have a resident Barber at the club who clips them once a week.

I wanna see haircuts that I can set my watch to.

5 Likes

Well now, that should go without saying, right?
I mean - not just the hair - he speaks with a strange accent. He’s short. Doesn’t look at all like the head of a multi-million dollar organisation. He would never make it as a captain.

2 Likes

See my last post.

Then rinse them off with a fire hose?

1 Like

With hair like that he doesn’t represent the club appropriately. We should not let him talk to the media.

Imagine the messages he is giving the community.

Think of the children

Tippa is not the captain.

It may sound old fashioned but perception is reality.

I think there are enough people to perceive Dyson a particular way that is not quite in line with how they believe a captain should look and present.

If it weren’t a problem, would we be having this conversation?

And instead of being told to think otherwise, others should respect the views of some, and have a balanced debate about it.

Another thread lost to the tedium of blitzers personal and ideological tastes.

4 Likes

Tell ya what, mate. If perception is reality and reality is shiit, then you change perception to change reality.