#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Definition of cringe.

1 Like

No, that’s a flash mob.

I didn’t cringe at this so much as wonder why it was made. Although I do have to admit I laughed at the absurdity of it.

Dois was in a charity fundraiser fashion show on the weekend… Full points for that. My wife commented that his hair did not look tidy. Afraid I have to agree, It could look better,imo but its his choice.

1 Like

Guys poop and memes and weird is the in thing for this generation,

blame Adam Sandler.

with the most recent retirements and delistings, Hepps obviously has to carry a bigger load in the engine room - I hope he delivers. What I’d like to see from him most is more consistency within games. He surely has an even bigger role off-field too - quite a few older guys/ leaders gone.

The guy came a close third in the B and F. He’s consistent enough.

2 Likes

firstly - i said consistency within games - to me he seems to drift in and out of the action a bit - can pick up a few touches within a minute and then doesn’t notice him for a while, etc. maybe my imagination.
secondly - I love Hepps but FWIW I was a bit surprised that he landed 3rd spot in the B&F. I’d have had the 3 AA and a few others too before him…

3 Likes

For those of us who closely watch games it was no surprise. Just like it was no surprise Goddard finished second. Hurley and z. Merrett were lucky to be AA.

2 Likes

Not your imagination, you are spot on. Would have like 10 one quarter and be hardly sighted the next. Sounds like he was unable to train much though, which would explain a lot. Backing him in to be back to his very best next year.

1 Like

I personally think he will look a lot better if he focuses on being the grunt inside man.

I think the reason why we all have a funny feeling about Hepp is we focus on his outside ball use too much. He is absolutely elite on the inside, and I think if he focuses on just feeding the ball to the runners we as outsiders will give him the credit he deserves.

I would also love to see him rest deep forward too as his hands on the lead or floating across packs are very good too.

WIll go to another level with Jobe completely gone from the side next year. It’s just his nature.

4 Likes

think he’s taking a while to readjust to footy’s pace

expect some really elite games from him in 2018

3 Likes

Agreed. Love Zac and Hurls but think they were very lucky to make AA. Hepp does so much that you don’t see unless you’re looking for it, BJ also, I reckon they both had great years.

1 Like

Zach very much deserved his place in the AA team. He is one of the most damaging players in the game, and he does it being tagged every single game.

There’s 3 types of players in this game I reckon.

1. Those who never get tagged (Matt Crouch)
  2. Those that they don’t bother tagging, ie too good. (Danger, Dusty)
  3. Those that get tagged week in week out cause there’s belief they are taggable (Zerrett)

Remarkable what Zerrett does with a bloke hanging off him every second of a game.

On Hurls, I don’t think he deserved the CHB spot, but he definitely deserves the 3rd tall spot. He owns that role.

3 Likes

Zach wasn’t as damaging in 2017, compared to 2016. Of course the role he played in 2017 was always likely to lead to this outcome.

1 Like

THis year I agree.
His consistency within games (and week to week) has been a hallmark of his in previous years, I think it’ll come back.

1 Like

Seems like he’s training the house down.

1 Like

Going to explode next year, he had the first year as captaincy, coming off a 12 month break and by rumour was carrying an injury from early season on.

Next year he will be at peak fitness, be comfortable with the leadership role and have a strong desire to climb the ladder.

I’m going to put a sneaky ten on for the Brownlow.

6 Likes
7 Likes

I had a poxy swim yesterday.

I think I’ll join you Nocturnal!