#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Nope from me.
IMO we had 6 guys who were consistent across the year (Hepp Hurley Joe Zerrett Zaha BJ), and then another 6-8 who were a step or two behind.

1 Like

You’ve gone from “mostly meh” to “mostly good”, and still having a go at IT for caling you on it?

W… wr… wro…

Stop being a di…di…dic…And people wonder why so many shtfights happen on Blitz nowadays. I make an opinion, instead of giving respectable counter thoughts all you get is sh*tty snide remarks that are just aimed at insulting the person rather than forming intelligent counter points. Give me your thoughts, I’d love to hear them, and if you get angry when someone has a different opinion, maybe we’ll just leave it here.

Yes Heppell did have a good year overall, a good solid OK year, call it whatever you want, but in terms of what he’s capable of and ability to consistently produce his best football week in, week out, he was disappointing. He gave his best in a few games, he was OK/solid/good enough in the others. Like I said, the majority of his year would be 6 or 7/10 games, that’s a good year, but disappointing because he was unable to produce consistently excellent football that players like Pendlebury/Crouch’s etc were producing the majority of weeks. I know it’s hard to comprehend but you can have a good year but still be disappointing in terms of what he has the capabilities to offer, it’s not just black and white, a player can be a good contributor but still be disappointing. I think next year he’ll be right up there, I felt too much was left on his shoulders for his first year back after a layoff.

1 Like

I have given my thoughts
So have you
So has IT
We all seem to agree almost entirely
And yet you’ve called him a wanker and you’re “wondering” why there’s shitfights and whinging about snide remarks? When you’ve slagged someone you’re agreeing with?

1 Like

Spotted him at the Cox yesterday with his mates. Have to say he handled himself well, countless drunk knobs clamoring for a photo and he stopped for each one.

A few Dutch courage hecklers as well, he just smiled and kept walking.

Couldn’t ask for a better rep for the club.

19 Likes

But his hair…it’s so so messy…I dunno…

2 Likes

Something that I think has been overlooked.

In 2014 when it got too hard for Jobe ( and who can blame him) Hepp stepped up. He was a kid and he carried the club for half a year. In 2015 when most were invisible he was in the media talking up the club. This year while most are overseas, he’s back in training.

Commitment and composure are magnificent traits in a captain and Hepp has them in spades.

29 Likes

I made an independent comment forming my opinion, and was met with a response from IT saying I say stupid things without anything else and you wonder why I get annoyed? Seriously? You can’t work it out?

And then I replied again with a thought out response to his snide comment, and you come up with a “wr…wr…wr…” post…but me calling someone a ■■■■ for replying like that for no reason is wrong. Sure.

1 Like

I thought Dyson had a good year. I was critical of his disposal at times as I thought he had too many unforced errors for a player of his caliber.

But I also think people are overlooking the toll that the 2016 missed year had. I think quite a few of the suspended players had “lost touch”. The fact that players like Hurley seemed to slot back in without missing a beat speaks volumes of him but players like Colyer and Myers I feel showed the signs of missing a year of competitive football.

The bright side of this is that next year will see all those players hopefully building on the 2017 season and rising to greater heights in 2018. I am expecting Dyson to improve on what was a good year.

3 Likes

You are correct, But even Hurley took a few weeks to find form, he was average early. Funny part is Hepps best game for the season was probably his first one against the Hawks.

Good post, and I agree. It was probably very unfair to have such the midfield burden on Heppell first year back with little support. I thought all things considered he did a good job but he was nowhere near his best, which I expect to come next year. Next year is exciting, Heppell finally gets more used to the pace, Zerrett is improving, Stringer helps from time to time and Devon Smith lends some class. Throw in McGrath and Parish as full time mids and the midfield looks a lot better than having to rely on just Zerrett and Heppell for most the year. Throw in Myers who surely has to go up from here. When I look at our midfield I see only improvement and hopefully Heppell leads that.

4 Likes

I think it was Woosha who spoke about the need to manage the training regimes of the returning players. I think the result of that was limited training time and the players bodies needing to be able, again, weather the toll of the season. He had a very good game against Carlton late in the season.

2 Likes

“You made a silly comment”

When you’ve back-pedalled from the comment anyway.

And it’s someone else trying to start the fight.

Sure.

I mean “silly” is a pretty strong term.

It has already been elaborated on quite a few times. Stats wise it has been shown how good a year he actually had however, I think you have spent quite a bit of time putting down our captain. Your criticisms of him haven’t been all that fair nor reasoned out very much at all imo. You are entitled to them but I am also entitled to say i think they are silly.

He worked his butt off something fierce and was actually one of our most consistent players for the year, even towards the end when his body was stuffed after spending a year off the previous year thereby losing the match ready body that can withstand a year of top level football.

1 Like

We all pretty much agree.
Worked hard, but (understandably) a bit scratchy at times

Wanker.

I said my thoughts on Heppell and only got met with snide remarks, you wonder why people get sh*tty with you? Was I starting anything when I gave my thoughts on Heppell? No. Is that no clear?

Did I get met with a snide remark ? Yes. Did I then get annoyed but still give a detailed response? Yes. Did you then throw in another snide remark one liner? Yes.

But sure, I’m the one looking for fights and not the guy acting like a c*ck with his line liners.

So many people with fragile egos in this thread…

5 Likes

Seems like everyone agrees that Heppell had a good year but has improvement.

1 Like

Maybe as a mod, instead of continuing the personal attacks, you could just delete every post from where it stopped being about Heppell?
Might have been a different way to go.

1 Like