#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Lol.
No, I think the Nobby, with its obvious (and often outright stated) favouritism for certain players is the be all and end all.
I never go though the votes thinking, ‘well, you’re an idiot, and you’re an idiot, and you’re an unbelievable id…you know what? You’re all idiots.’

2 Likes

The Nobby is a very prestigious award. The results of which should be considered above all others.

3 Likes

Goddard would argue with umpires non stop. He’s a petulant little ■■■■■ at times.

He ain’t getting votes in brownlow

But his football output and team leadership are clearly highly rated internally. As it should be.

1 Like

Candlelit vigil for the 19 who died after this year’s result

2 Likes

It would be cool if you could make it so you can’t look at others votes in the Nobby, you just place your own votes and find out the results for the round. Then again, this would be taking the Nobby too seriously and trying to elevate it to something I’m sure it’s not and is not supposed to be - a be all and end all of voting to outstrip the Crichton.

Not sure of my point, just lunchtime rambling.

I think this might be the reason he doesn’t poll well in the Nobby also.

The Nobby is mostly about the last 5 minutes of the game.

Really?
Do I have to keep doing this?
Fine, the umpires don’t like him.
How did he rate in the MVP?
Or the actual coaches award?

The club rates what he does. Clearly.
Obviously.

Me? I have a very biased rating system, in that I overrate one-percenters and take a very dim view of turnovers and pointing.

So do you struggle with him then because he does the 1% and the turnovers?

So having a look he averages 2.7 clangers and 2.0 1%

However he is also ranks:

12th for effective disposals in the league
9th for total effective disposals
20th for score involvments

I don’t struggle with him at all.

The club thinks he’s our third best player.
I do not.
And apparently apart from Darli and yaco, neither does anyone else.
By any measure.

This is not a terrible, or even shocking thing to say.

oh wow, who cares. yeah the club rates him highly, rest of the football world doesnt take too much notice of him… hardly a first.

1 Like

And, you know, he should have pretty effective disposal considering he rarely has an opponent.
But hey, that’s okay.
I didn’t think Maxwell should have ever been AA either.

Honestly WTF has happened to blitz

8 Likes

Are we talking.dois or?

Returned to pre saga days

Quick… someone post a gif of Vivian belting Neil over the head with a 2x4. “I’m bored, bored, bored”.

1 Like

I don’t think we will be any good until we have a full-time pointing coach.

Man. Blitz had a full 3 week bender in which we took all the party drugs we could see and S’s nominated and landed at Tullamarine.

Now, blitz is on the mightiest of all comedowns scratching old sores, revealing old wounds and generally being a ■■■■.

Waiting on posts claiming that those who don’t agree with them aren’t Essendon fans and should follow Carlton.

1 Like