#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

You’re the first to do it.

Umm no I haven’t.

You should read the movie thread about reading into more than what’s said.

yes you did

and i did, that’s why I posted that

Stop bashing each other. We’ve got Carlton for that.

Cool your jets it lover.

1 Like

nah, it was just a joke, it is being carried over from another thread, barnz just missed it.

Thought as much but it was an opportunity to direct scorn towards Carlton.

yeah well FCFC

That’s the spirit!

Not to harp too much on the Crichton, but it does favour a player who plays most games & is consistently in your top 5 like Goddard, even if he’s not in the top 3 too often, which obviously attracts the Brownlow & Nobby votes

Stants had a similar issue for most of his career

3 Likes

Zach was robbed.

Fast becoming the forgotten man… Oppo supporters and now some of our own think this bloke is a B grader. Can’t wait to see him surpass his best this season.

2 Likes

Had two or three games where he was class above all else on the field, think that’ll move to 10+ next season. Dois is a feels player, will naturally take him a year to get back into his rythm.

Fixed

I can’t agree on this. He had a good year and played some good games. He is a good leader on the ground and a GREAT representative of our great club. I think it’s good that some of our younger players are having such stellar years that Dyson hasn’t been at the forefront. But I am sure no opposition takes him lightly.
It might be that he is a victim of the consensus that the Essendon midfield group is slow and one paced. Certainly Dyson isn’t the quickest going around. Perhaps the introduction of pace and spread into the midfield group will give Dyson greater impact.

1 Like

You don’t have to be the best player at your footy club, to be the best leader at the footy club.

Heppell is a wonderful natural leader. Best we’ve had for a long time.

Are you saying that Hepp is a better leader than Jobe? Just clarifying.

1 Like

I’m a fan of Hepp and he will continue to grow into the role.

But Jobe carried this club on and off the field through its darkest period and I will never forget that.

Yep… it’s pretty difficult to defend though, and I am not at all intending to slight Jobe (but if I did I do apologise). You know that “I ■■■■■■ up” feeling you get when someone calls out a post you’ve made that clearly has hairs on it… yeah…anyway.

I just really like what I’ve seen from Heppell. I think he has a natural rapport with all age groupings. I like the way he’s quickly pulled a few blokes into line onfield. I reckon he is going to have that balance of relationship and ability to drive performance, and the onfield / off field balance.

But yes. A ■■■■ move to insinuate at this very early stage of his captaincy that he is better than Jobe, given what Jobe had to deal with.

2 Likes

Fair enough mate, all good.

1 Like