#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

What did I miss? I was drifting off.

2 Likes

Where’s Dunlop these days?

5 Likes

Busy working on the Pirelli calendar

4 Likes

hahahaha…mate - the only time I’m serious is when I’m screaming at someone. And even then, it lasts about 5 seconds.

1 Like

but his ■■■■ are rubbish!

I’m not getting into this argument but would like to remind people, Heppell was injured for part of last year. No excuses just facts.

He should cut his hair. He does not communicate with his midfielders and goes in blazing stealing there ball… which usually reults in us losing it or he gets it and hacks it forward to opposition.
Hes good, but need to work on these trait seems to come with him unfortunately. … happened a few times last night.

1 Like

54% efficiency last night, … and Zerrett about the same.

When your 2 top line mids are doing that, … you are going to be on a hiding to nothing 90% of the time.

1 Like

I reckon Hepp & Zerret panicked a bit. They tried to win the game back by themselves, instead of trusting to their team mates and game plan.

2 Likes

He went from chocolates to boiled lollies from round 1 to round 2. Dropped easy marks to let Freo in for goals, and his kicking was so ordinary that he probably had a negative impact on the night.

Yep.

Our best mids were butchering it, our gun forwards couldn’t near it and our best defender was having a shocker.

Surprising we even got as close as we did.

2 Likes

That was basically Zerret’s first preseason game and he ran into a hard tag. Hep doesn’t have that excuse

And I forgot to add in McGrath.

He too had a dirty night @ 56%, as a 1st drop mid.

Yep. Gets ragged dolled with those pencil hips, he is quite sloppy. Maybe his hair blocks his vision an all the gel or just unwashed grease in his makes him fumble an drop marks after he pulls all the hair out of his face. He ain’t A grade that’s for sure

He tried all night even if skills let him down. At least endeavor is there.

3 Likes

Actually last year was like that had a cracker in round 1 then went completely off the boil.
My concern is our game last night was very similar to the sydney final. Our leaders all failed miserably and seemed the most panicked and error laden out of the whole team. Hurley and heppel seem to hate playing interstate in particular, even zac merrett going quite again was concerning, these guys should be setting the standard.

Merrett has an excuse surely. Essentially didn’t play JLT or round 1 so this is basically his first game of the year. Plus many players struggle in their first game back from concussion

He’s a B grader that has flashes of being an A grader.

4 Likes

you didn’t…

1 Like

Well… Bump…