#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Are you going to add something or are you just being a flog?

1 Like

I’ll run with option 2.

2 Likes

He literally looked like a lost hobo running off for a spell at one stage.

He is not the right man to be captain.
When he and zaka ■■■■■■ up on the hbf his response, a hand pat and a hug, no anger , no geez we really duxked that up, just a , oh well .

1 Like

Dyson is a good player. Decent about his head too. He’s willing and reads the play well.

He’ll always be that rung off the game’s elite mids though IMO due to two things; a lack of penetration in his kicking and the fact that he lacks pace.

1 Like

How would anyone be inspired by this yeah nah she’ll be right Mick Fanning Wannabe?

He’s a c+ to b grade footballer who shows flashes of A.

Would struggle to think of a less inspiring captain in the 40 years I’ve followed the club.

3 Likes

I worry about Heppell as a footballer

He’s gone so far backwards since 2014. He’s always lacked pace but it’s showing up more and more, and lacks the physicality for a mid

I mentioned last year his footy is at the crossroads, he should have bulked up and stepped up to being a contested animal otherwise he’s just another half back flanker

I think he is putting in as much as he can. We could do a lot worse than him as captain.

3 Likes

On the field or off it?

shave all the hair off dyson it’s melting your brain

2 Likes

I’m talking about on field. You can see him trying his guts out. Sure he makes errors, but endeavour and willingness to try is there.

2 Likes

Struggles defensively as a mid, an A grade hbf but our midfield is so cactus we need him in there.

3 Likes

He’d be our Docherty if our midfield was anything resembling decent.

3 Likes

A very slow halfback flanker

We should have listened.

This tweet should have been retweeted all through the PS, then maybe our club would have got its act together when we only have 25,000 members at March 31

Have never rated Heppell since.

Just have a look at his stupid hair and beard. I get more serious about being annoyed by it as the year goes on.

6 Likes

Flashes of brilliance, flashes of mediocrity. He’s not a captain imo.

At least he has a crack

They all have a crack to start with and then go into their shells. Captains are the ones that drag them out, not disappear with them.

2 Likes

He has never been quick but his kicking has really gone backwards.

We haven’t had an ONFIELD proper leader since round 22, 2009.

Jobe may have been a tremendous off field leader just as Heppell is reported to be but he was not an inspiring onfield leader.