#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

I wish… I WISH that Heppell’s hair was a our biggest issue.

Or even his biggest issue.

4 Likes

His appearance is indicative of his attitude about himself and those around him. It’s also so over the top it invites or perhaps even demands comment.

If you wore a fluorescent pink t-shirt with huge letters on it saying “I’m an idiot”, you don’t get to be upset if someone queries it.

5 Likes

Remember when lloyd made joe get a haircut so he wasn’t greasing up his hands before kicking at goal? or wiping it off his eyes during a marking contest?

If/when he plays like Fyfe or Martin, he’s entitled to draw attention to himself. Until then, calling out his appearance is not being a peanut.

There would be a portion of players who think his and Daniher appearance are not indicative of striving for a flag.

Hurley isn’t walking around with his Wolf beard not long locks for a reason. Trust me I’m far from conservative. Richmond won the flag due to 1%’s and I’m not the only one who believe that this falls into that category

1 Like

People talking about him giving effort. Effort is the absolute minimum that any player should be giving, let alone a captain.

Who cares what hair style he has? Obviously you do. His hair is not what makes him the man he is and the player he is. Frankly, I don’t think he is anywhere near the player he was, before having 12 months off. However, I hope he will work his way back into form and improve his hand and foot skills. I’m hoping.

JJ looks like a fool with his hair. Didn’t stop him smashing us.

2 Likes

To have our captain running around with a 17yr old kid’s haircut is embarrassing.

1 Like

Fair point.

Talent to burn. Is only consistently great when playing us. Looks like a fool and could be anything if he applied himself the way he did in the second half of 2016.

I’ve read some tripe but that takes the cake! lol

I can see the sub-category under the 1%'s tab: hair cut to a reasonable length, beard shaved off.

4 Likes

Couldn’t give a stuff about his hair cut or beard.
He gives his best every week and the reality is he probably is the best option for the role at the moment but that is more so a reflection on where we are at as a club, a team filled with nice guys on the field. To watch us get physically bullied and mentally beaten down against sides with lesser talent just reminds me of team’s like Melbourne through the 2000’s and Carlton of the Judd era. Hepp is never going to be a Hodge, Jono Brown, Voss or Archer on field presence but he could look to Trent Cotchin as someone who managed to change the way they lead on the field. Won’t be popular opinion on here but Cotch was in a very similar position before working it out last year.

It’s not just the captain though. Yesterday Woosha said it wasn’t about our personnel and in some ways he is probably right because we could’ve fielded a few different players but that doesn’t fix the underlying problem. It’s going to take a shift in the whole group culturally before we get anywhere.
Luke ball was hired for this reason, right? Good luck.

2 Likes

Ultra inspiring when your captain has the hair cut of a 17 year old Rastafarian when he’s never played in a winning final.

His players are making onfield decisions
like they’re stoners so he may as well look the part.

Don’t be ridiculous.

Each to their own.

All about setting standards to me. Wouldn’t care less if we weren’t the rabble we are.

Probably clutching at straws but after 14 years of groundhog day I’d like change no matter small it is.

Hepp needs a responsible hairstyle reflecting leadership and a hard work ethic.

Blitz: There’s an institutional mediocrity at Essendon preventing us from ever being great again, no stone should be left unturned in trying to correct this

Also Blitz: There’s nothing wrong with our captain presenting himself like a homeless person

7 Likes

Exactly.

I have heard some rather funny stuff in my life, but this goes pretty close to the best. Just waiting for the scientific research that shows that a guy can’t football or captain because of hair cut and facial hair…I mean when I had my long hair and a beard as a captain we made a cricket g/f, I got a hair cut and shaved, we finished bottom last year and 5th this year…goes to show I need long unwashed hair and a full beard for me to captain well and play good cricket

4 Likes

The Great Hair Debate

2 Likes

Captains come in all shapess and sizes…

7 Likes