#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

did a quick review of hepps first qtr.
of his 11 disposals

2 direct kicks to port players.
2 were handballs directly to players who had a man on him and was in a worse position than him
2 looping kicks, one to tippa, one to begley in the middle on defesnive 50. begley had to jump high but maybe could and should have marked it

3 disposals hit their target, 2 were 2 meter handballs to players, and one was the hit up lead of stewart on the wing, even that one was a high kick, but i’ll give him that he meant it so stewart could jump and outmark his opponent.

2 were just kicks to 50/50 contests, neither good nor bad.

His effort was there yesterday, but his decision making and skill is below woeful at present.
Until he gets more confidence back, someone needs to tell him dermie mantra, know your limitations son, and pinpoint passes in traffic is not your go hepp, so stop trying to do it.

2 Likes

Hepp.

Dois.

Hep training on the outside oval with Dea. Not involved in main training.

Are you up to doing a training report ? SofStar?

Main training is on Sunday

Just light sesh today, probably plenty of players who don’t do the early in week session in full. Especially those that run as much as hep on game day

A post was merged into an existing topic: Training report Thursday 19 April

I don’t agree with much of what the captain has to say in this article. Although who knows context and all that.

Watch the video on the club website with the full press conference if you want context.
There are a few things that are questionable but most of what he says is spot on

BJ differs in emphasis. Treat it like another game. Dont get overawed by the buildup and the hype surrounding it. Its worth the same as any other game ( in points)

Most important, concentrate on winning it, not just “participating in it”

That’s the trap we fell in I reckon while Pies on the otherhand treated it as a normal game it’s why they beat us on Anzac Day most times imo.

No we’ve just been garbage for a long time

Pies built up to a flag team in 2010

Thank fark I witnessed an Anzac win last year, few and far between. Hopefully another wed.

Just watched the replay

I swear he needs glasses or has to cut his hair

So many under no pressure at all kicks weren’t just badly executed kicks, they were to absolutely nobody / nowhere

We’re talking 3 out of 4 here, as in it was rare to actually see the ball go near, well, anyone

Complete opposite of his first two years at the club, what’s going on Dois?

I know he is the captain and more is probably expected of him but my hat still goes off to Dyson…After training today he was out there patiently giving autographs and taking photos for twice as long as the next player whilst thanking the crowd for coming out. What a legend. I just hope he puts some ice on his forearm after all the signature.

5 Likes

Here I am giving the guy stick for his haircut & he’s an absolute gentleman to my kids.

12 Likes

Remember it.

2 Likes

Freo the only team to score 100 so far this round :open_mouth:

It’s the moustache or lack thereof. You must have a strong tache within the beard otherwise you end up looking Amish.

Useless kick
Slowest player on the field
Face of the club that presents himself like an idiot

Essington captain

7 Likes

Ok… when do we start having the conversation about whether it is ok to drop the captain?

You cant question his effort and endeavour. But you can’t be carrying a guy who can’t hit targets in the midfield

1 Like