#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Yep Zakka played well. But seriously, if the rest of the side showed half as much heart as Hepp we’d be in a far better place.

2 Likes

So much heart he can’t be ■■■■■■ laying one decent tackle a quarter.

3 Likes

He can show as much “heart” as he likes but until his kicking and leadership improves out of sight, the criticism will come. Come on, 1 tackle in a game? From the captain??

5 Likes

I have been critical of D Hepp and my biggest bugbear has been his disposal. Yesterday he wasn’t too bad. But he does have games where he can be sub par.
Having said that I will never knock him for his endeavor. Always puts his heart and soul into the contest. I will outright say that he is a good player. I agree with KM here. He is not an inside mid. And that is what the club is using him as at the moment. In my opinion it exposes his weaknesses.

1 Like

Does this ranking have more credibility than Champion Data saying we have the best under-25-years-old group of players in the league?

1 Like

Stats mean bugger all.

They are part of the picture. I reckon Hepp has been one of our best this year, the vitriol he cops on here is a ■■■■■■■ disgrace.

14 Likes

To have one fkg tackle is a deadset embarrassment

5 Likes

Trade to Brisbane for Zorko

This X 100. Seriously people have no idea. Just out for the easy kill.

As I said, statistics are just part of the picture, he applied pressure all day, in fact I think he had 9 pressure acts. The two combined tell a more accurate story.

9 pressure acts is probably not a reasonable argument.

Zerrett had 26 and he had a stinker. Laverde has 10 and he was playing forward. Stringer even had 11 and most people question his work rate.

10 Likes

I thought his output was okay yesterday and kicking a LOT better, but when Devon Smith has 15 tackles and the captain has one, that’s undefendable. It’s actually really a indictment on him that he is our captain and looked to, to set the standards and lift us and he lays one solitary tackle. Not good enough

3 Likes

The whole pressure act stat is ridiculous. Stringer, LAV and zerrett could of had 50000 pressure acts yesterday and they still would have been utterly bad and absolutely no influence

Yeah I get that… the only reason I mentioned it because, at the game, I saw Hepp apply pressure all day, I was surprised he only had one tackle, really surprised.

1 tackle for the game from our captain. 1!

He doesn’t lead to make an option for the kicker. Just jogs around without a care in the world

Doesn’t put blocks on for teammates

Been in the system a long time and has no upper body strength, just gets brushed off way too easily

Worst captain I have seen in my lifetime

One of the worst public speakers I have seen for a captain

1 Like

I would be curious how a pressure act is defined.

If it effects the disposal of the opposing player then that’s fine but if he hits his target it’s irrelevant

Pick up the ball, hesitate, kick or handpass to wrong option, watch ya man sprint away while while I’ll jog

1 Like

I recall something like that but it was a throwaway. Like when you getting rid of the mop dys.? Yeah no wakas shave it off for charity. laughs

1 Like

Ahhhh ok
Although I doubt his appearance has anything to with our current predicament

1 Like