#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

If you ever bothered to read any of my posts about Heppell, ever, I’ve backed him in just about all of the time, but I don’t reckon he’s leading well on the field this season.

And yeah, his kicking is as bad as people make it out to be. He’s been deadset horrendous by foot this year. His game against Carlton was a marked improvement by foot, I hope it stays at that level

2 Likes

His kicking against Carlton was better due to playing an outside role.

I hope they persist with that at least until he gets confidence back into his kicking.

Rebuild or realignment? I rekn the latter

DYSON HEPPELL APOLOGISED TO YOUNG ESSENDON PLAYERS - 1116 SEN

Last year’s Rising Star winner Andrew McGrath has revealed an interesting conversation he and other young Essendon players had with team captain Dyson Heppell.

Speaking candidly, McGrath revealed Heppell apologised to the first to third year players at the club for the older group not providing enough leadership.

“Dyson Heppell has come into our development meetings a few times which is for first to third year players and has basically said that we’re driving the standards at the moment and it should probably be the other way around,” he told SEN’s Crunch Time.

“He apologised on his behalf for not setting a good enough example in his eyes, I guess everyone’s in the same boat, I don’t think Dyson has set a foot wrong this whole season from a leadership point of view.

“We’re all there supporting him, it’s not one individuals fault over another.”

This comes after coach John Worsfold said after the Carlton loss the Essendon playing group lacked an identity.

12 Likes

It’s a sign of good leadership to recognise short comings and rectify them. Well done Hepp.

8 Likes

It seems like quite the conundrum though.

because of what it means, but also very commendable to be able to recognise it.

I just hope it doesn’t turn out like myers dropping himself last year.

oh no, this thread is going to go berserk now

This article coupled with ins/outs at selection table and Neeld confirm that Woosh/Hepp are on Blitz.

Amazing and disturbing at the same time.

2 Likes

It shows that these guys that have come back after the saga still have major issues they are working through. Too many people in here have discounted the effect the saga had on them and continues to have.

It was a great move by Dys and i love how McGrath said he actually didn’t think Dys had put a foot wrong as leader this year.

2 Likes

Heppell should be dropped to the VFL for those comments.

As captain you have a great deal of responsibility but the fundamentals is leading on field.

It’s been pretty clear to most that he hasn’t.

Woosha has been carrying the can for this side this year but with comments like that it only puts him further under the microscope.

I would make a stand and drop Heppell for that.

Don’t let @Reboot see that post

3 Likes

Can’t believe I would ever hear that from an Essendon Captain.

It’s disgraceful in my opinion.

No it’s not, geez Mike, get a grip.

3 Likes

so you know what mike’s opinion is then?

another little puppy dog, go chase your tail

I took the reference to “we’re” driving the standards as meaning the younger players

1 Like

You think it’s acceptable?

another do-gooder with terrible comprehension.

Lloyd did it once.