#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Has the board acknowledge their deficiencies have they?

The other bloke I was having a go at just slagged hep after reading an article when he is trying to address thithis and the leaderships deficiencies.

Form slumps are not indicative of a lack of effort, the best of players have them.

1 Like

i’m closer in allignment with KM on this.

but, if the younger players are driving the standards on field, there should be more of them. clearly theres a disconnect between whats being achieved vs what those in leadership want to achieve.

1 Like

I don’t agree with this. Heppell works quite hard on the field, he just isn’t a top class player nor has he ever really been a hard in type player. You have an expectation built on the back of Hird, Lloyd and Watson that the captain must get in and under or physical to be showing the right actions. But iof that is not his game as a player then the expectation is wrong.

Yes his game can improve and yes he could maybe get a little more physical but overall to say he isn’t doing his utmost for the club is misguided and quite unfair.

4 Likes

Dyson is out on the ground warming up and still has time to talk to Bomber supporters and be in photos.

I love this guy

3 Likes

Either way, let’s hope hep has a great game. The talk has been said, I hope he (and others) start to step up

I have no issue with Heppell off the field, but I’ve got a issue with his output this year, leadership on field and especially the last month of form

I hope he kills it today. He needs it

2 Likes

Captain Beard-and-Dreads apologising to a future Fortune 500 CEO for not setting professional standards.

The irony.

Does he have a fake tan?

Surely no one questions that half?

Outstanding. His tackling was the best part.

1 Like

Best game I’ve ever seen him play. Inspirational.

Great game for Heppell.

Not captain material. Need to find real leadership… Doesn’t even look like a leader

Maybe that might remind people of how good a player Heppell actually is.

2 Likes

I really hope he doesn’t cop ■■■■ this week. He was outstanding.

2 Likes

Today is what I expect most weeks from him. That was easily his best game for 12 months

5 Likes

Earnt the beard today, played like a wild man

Have to honestly say have not seen a man hunt a ball so blindingly oblivious to his own personal safetey since James Hird.

and then you got the tackles

2 Likes

Agree, but it does show those that kept calling him crap, that he is actually a very good player.

Outstanding game. His hardness and defensive pressure needed to lift and he brought it in spades

3 Likes

Has a bit of the zaka about him. Goes to corral before a tackle