#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Today was the standard we need to see all the time. Fantastic.
I’ve had my doubts … still do. Not that he can’t play … he has played some of the best games that I’ve seen from an essendon player eg round 1 last year.
But today was how you want a captain to be. Tough and uncompromising. It’s too much to say he dragged his teammates with him, but tackling and intensity is infectious. And he was fantastic all day. Well done skip

1 Like

Those tackles were a sniper on his game. Held back, then killed the contest.

Actually saw him knock someone on their backside in the contest. More of this please!

Took a fair hit to the mouth, too.

I thought when he went down it was his ribs. Or was there a different one?

He was doing a lot of spitting, thought it was the head but could be wrong, my stream wasn’t much chop.

Winded. Good whack in the ribs.

1 Like

Absolutely smashed himself into contests, best game I can remember him playing ever. Was ruthless, tough and uncompromising. Looked like an elite inside mid today. BOG for mine

Another good game. He & Smith have been our best two this year to date.

1 Like

Whaaaaa…???

Move on mate.

I stand by what I said and I’m glad that he stood up today.

I don’t expect him to be best on ground every week but I do expect him to crack in.

He set the standard today and needs to continue to do so if we want to salvage this year from the dumpster fire.

People judge way to much on possessions, his kicking this year has been an abomination, floating high pies and clangers. He was MILES better than any game he’s played this year and played the way we know he can, but only shows occasionally which is why he’s a B-grader. If he did today all the time he’d be an A-grader. Today his kicking was good, he cracked in really hard (which in fairness he does for most of the year) but I mean REALLY hard and just showed he can be a legit gun when he wants to be.

6 Likes

Very good Captain’s game today.

Onya Hepp.

6 Likes

You’ve gotta admit, the worst captain in the history of all the football was pretty fricken great today! Well done Hepp!

3 Likes

hey mate, dom casisi had good games, i’m told.

Cracking game today. If you can’t see that, eat a ■■■■.

2 Likes

Has anyone said he didn’t have a good game today? Anyone?

1 Like

Best game of the year from him, let’s hope he’s turned a corner.

2 Likes

this guy better not cut his hair or beard

5 Likes

Had a great game did Hepp, threw himself into every contest