#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Great effort! Nice to see a return to the Dys I know and love!

good stuff.

Wow. Now he will be able to lead from the front. Reckon the shaving of the beard will see him get an extra 25 possessions, 17 tackles and 4 goals.

4 Likes

The state of this thread if we lose…

10 Likes

Good work Hep!

I prefer him with the beard. Can we make this a poll?

1 Like

now that’s a face you can set your watch too

1 Like

Great work Dys! Got til Wednesday to donate if you haven’t.

Heppel Turn overs still hurt us.

He gets the ball so much, but his disposal can easily undo it quickly. there was a couple of times today he turned great efforts into turd sandwiches… which he could have turned into cucumber sandwiches… but becauce he was looking for 100s and 1000s on white bread… he ended up making turd sandwiches.
Heppel should not be allowed to make high risk kicks inboard… ever.

3 Likes

And then there are those other times when he dives in, grabs a turd sandwich, and turns it into the most beautiful rib eye you could imagine.

14 Likes

You know how it is in here 'Boot, they see what they want and ignore all the other stuff that he does and that he does more often.

1 Like

Now I’m not sure whether I’m hungry, or nauseous…

2 Likes

That passage of play where we were well on top in the third? And we were streaming through the middle and the ball came to Heppell and instead of handballing ahead to Bags who was running forward in acres of space, Heppell decided to stop and turn into traffic and handball to someone with an opposing player right on their hammer and was subsequently caught and pinged.

That was just… Almost match fixing. It was that bad.

He had a solid game overall though.

Hopefully just adjusting to playing without the homeless man beard.

Tidy up his kicking, going into F50 especially, and he becomes a top 10 midfielder in the comp imo

1 Like

He was looking for me?

5 Likes

Gave 100% as always

5 Likes

Was BOG.

Blanketed Higgins after qtr time while really contributing himself.

Higgins was flying.

I was critical of his Captaincy last year. He has lifted this year and that was one of his best.

2 Likes

Yeah, he did have some major clangers. I think that’s what we have to accept from him though, along with his unquestionable effort. The handballs to the ground and kicks that fall short… Does a lot of stuff that goes unnoticed as well.

Great in and under and does some really good blocking off the ball but has to tidy his kicking up. Really poor by foot today and caused several turnovers. Thought he had turned the corner the last few weeks with it but not great by foot today

1 Like

4 clangers (Merrett 3), 10 I50, disposal efficiency 79.4%, 4 tackles, 12 cp, 5 clearances

I would take that every week from him. Not saying he can’t improve his kicking but it wasn’t as bad as some make out.

5 Likes