#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

woosha says he played injured

1 Like

People knock his kicking but he always pinpoints an opposition player for a goal assist.

Stoner surfy captain. Ironically Francis is more Essendon of old than anyone on the list but hasn’t been getting a game and will be knocking softies like Heppell out for the next ten years

I’ve read a couple of your posts. Don’t you have a bridge to go sit under or something?

4 Likes

LOL. Fark off.

4 Likes

Seriously, this young man has shown a depth of character this year that eludes most people twice his age. Now it emerges that he’s also been carrying an injury, which finally caught up with him yesterday. Yes, he does sometimes kick “floaters” when a lower, more direct kick would be better but just look at the amount of hard ball he gets per game.
We are very lucky to have Dyson Heppell imo. It’s a shame that some Blitzers probably won’t truly appreciate him until he’s holding up the silverware in the next year or so.

8 Likes

Does anyone know the type of injury he has?
I’m a huge fan of Dyson mainly because he has stepped up several times when we have gotten desperate. I do think that the year of has taken him a while to recover from. I think he came back a bit too light for the role he had to step in to and while he covers plenty of ground he has taken plenty of damage.

Didn’t we have another match up?

The response from @Heffsgirl straight after yours was far more appropriate imo :smile:

1 Like

ABC coverage observed he was getting a lot of work on his groin after the warm up. His kicking always suffers if he’s carrying something.

1 Like

I hope he doesn’t end up in a similar to Joe Dan.

1 Like

I don’t think he was having an inplant

1 Like

So looking at Dyson’s stats on the AFL website.
He has had 11 kicks, 14 handballs and 6 clangers.
How does that add up to 84% Disposal Efficiency?

Fair point.

Although, unlike Heffsgirl, I am well known for erring on the side of niceness and civility.
Sometimes my inherent politeness can be my downfall.

1 Like

Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

ok then, who was the mod that used to go by the same username?

3 Likes

Dyson Heppell’s kicking

I reckon this has been suspect all season and it was apparent to me again today. Heppell may be better off being a setup man through the middle, dishing off to people who can actually kick.

I am sure that his efficiency isn’t that bad overall, and a quick check shows me that he is running at around 64 percent efficiency this season. He was right there again today at just over 63% but he turned it over a couple of times at crucial moments.

In the second quarter, the Bombers were once again in control early and opened up a couple of goal lead. Heppell marked at half back and went to make a regulation 30 metre kick along the wing. It didn’t get 30 metres as Harry Morrison chipped in and marked. He hit Puopolo, who sent the Hawks back inside 50 where Isaac Smith roved a spill and snapped a goal.

Late in the game, Bellchambers marked in the middle from the Bombers’ kick in. He handed to Heppell and instead of going direct, Heppell decided to be a little bit fancy. He had options down the ground and had McDonald-Tipungwuti running down to crumb if he elected to go to the one-on-ones. He didn’t elect to do that.

He spotted Jake Stringer between wing and half forward and opted to go toward him. I say “toward him” because the ball dodnt actually get near him. It rolled straight out of bounds. The Bombers were 16 points behind at this stage and they needed to take a risk and put the pressure on. Heppell’s horrible kick took the pressure off the Hawks.

He was absolutely obliterated at stoppages by Tom Mitchell in the first half, and needs to do more as the leader of his club. Kicking like an Under 15 aint helping the Bombers at all.

So, Mr Heppell, here’s the remedy:

It doesn’t matter how good you are otherwise, it’s downright disgraceful that an Essendon Captain should be so incompetent at kicking the football.

Go away at season’s end, Mr Heppell, and learn how to kick. And in the meantime, change your look. You’re not an effete wanker, a dreamy would-be “poet”, you’re Captain of what should be the best football team in the country — highly skilled, tough and ruthless — so look the part:

Get a crewcut and grow the beard back.

Go away at season’s end, Mr Heppell, and learn how to kick. And in the meantime, change your look. You’re not an effete wanker, a dreamy would-be “poet”, you’re Captain of what should be the best football team in the country — highly skilled, tough and ruthless — so try and look the part:

Get a crewcut and grow the beard back.

■■■■ off, Mr Nobody.

4 Likes

Like you to say that to Jobe Watson. Maybe you should just completely go away.

Is your memory that short, IT ? Jobe Watson did exactly what Dyson Heppell should do — he went away off season and worked on his kicking problems — and solved them.

Come on, Deckham — did you even read the piece I quoted ? You’re no idiot — you’re entitled to disagree with me, but the good old argumentum ad hominem is not the only response you’re capable of, surely to God !