#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Wasn’t directed at you, but to the author.
I have no issue with anyone critiquing - or even criticising, our players or our captain.
I don’t particularly like self-important cheap shots about players’ appearance, made to generate controversy and clicks though, and therefore reserve the right to serve up similar cheapies - he can go ■■■■ himself.

3 Likes

it always comes back to ‘carrying an injured for half the season’.

why can’t we just accept that we can rest players who are injured? our finals hopes were a thread since the half way point of the game, surely we could just rest him and give someone else a shot? especially at his role on hbf.

the loss of leadership would hurt but it gives someone a chance to step up.

Barely improved it by that much, he was still a reasonably poor kick, the only difference was he decided to not try and do pin-point passes, that’s all that Dys needs to work on. What he went away and worked on was his fitness and strength in the tackle and to increase his brilliance with handballs out of packs.

Also why didn’t the guy write an article about how brilliant the Captain has been since round 9? Why wait for a bad game to write an article. It is cheap and it is lazy.

1 Like

Exactly right. It’s weak. In fact it’s worse than weak, it’s the cowardly cheap shot 50m off the play because you’re getting beaten and you don’t have the balls to do anything about it.

Not a word about it when when we win, but as soon as we lose Dys’ hair is an issue. Those who write it, agree with it or think it’s OK to post here can FRO.

4 Likes

I’m yet to see a brave punter mock a player’s appearance - from anywhere closer than behind a screen/keyboard. When that happens, I’ll be sure to bring something a little more sophisticated as a counter-argument.

2 Likes

And they’re the people who say we need more mongrels in the team…knocking blokes out off the ball.

1 Like

A player who is running in the first 2 in the B and F is the least of our problems - Disappointing that Mitchell cleaned him up, though this has happened to most of his opponents - Anyway it freed up Merrett to dominate.

The remedy is Johnny Unitas

Honestly, if that’s the way he wants to look and his hair like it is, is important to him. What the hell has it got to do with anyone else, as long as its not in his face and he can’t see. FGFS!!!

He was really poor yesterday, but as a leader he looks vastly different on field to what he did in the first 10 weeks. Him staying captain shouldn’t even be up for debate, it’s his role now

1 Like

Has he had a game this year when his kicking was superb? Kicking has been a real let down all season, so frustrating. Should be a Brownlow contender next year if his kicking improves.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the author of the article didn’t write that cheap shot at the end about appearance that you quoted, I believe the poster did?

2 Likes

I believe my point stands either way.

2 Likes

Absolutely.

I think people banging on about Heppell’s hair make finding nino look like a genius poster.

3 Likes

Heaven help us if a player ever has a bad game.

2 Likes

Two of the clangers were very efficient; effortless, in fact

1 Like

Hopefully someone in the know will know. Fog… oh wait.

4 Likes

Seriously though, if it is true, I hope Langford gets more midfield time for the last 3 weeks

1 Like

Interviewed today and said he’ll definitely play against saints.
Source: fox sports

2 Likes