#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Is his groin issue on his kicking side. If so woukd explain jis poor disposal by foot in '18.

Never been like this before

Zach merrett should be captain.

1 Like

Why?

haircut

1 Like

He does it all. Defensively and offensively. He leads by example. You can’t not follow his lead

Yes, he absolutely did! Great player! That kick though, opened us up completely.
It’s a facit of his game that needs improving. Other than that, I would rather have him as captain!

So you don’t think Heppell does? You assume the players don’t follow his lead at all? You don’t think he is offensively and defensively any good?

This year (not including tonight):

Hepps / Zerrett
539 disp

8.4 goals

217 cont possie

330 up

33 1%

97 clearances

7 marks I50

116 marks

8 goals assists

Yep.

at least he got a kick away unlike…

Sure, but I was just pointing out that people love to criticise their favourite whipping boys but gloss over mistakes the"chosen" make.

When Zach makes a mistake by foot going into the middle of the ground it’s aggressive and play making, when Heppell does it it poor decision making and he should have gone the boundary.

Heppell has flaws, and I’d say Merrett is the better player but it’s hardly the biggest problem we have but seems to come up again and again by people who just want the best player in the team to be the captain to make them feel better when we lose.

1 Like

Merrett isn’t even our best player this year. Smith and Heppell have been better overall. But Zach never makes a mistake and Smith is a god.

Heppell should not be captain. Continually makes bad mistakes at the times where we need a steady head. Orazio should be captain.

Him and Parish literally cannot kick the footy.
High up and unders.

He is just a liability to the team with anything other than an extracting handball.

We needed him to step up last night and for the most part he didn’t.

2 Likes

Guelfi will be the captain of essendon in 5-8 years imo.

You do realise this is every side.

Every side tries to pressure others into mistakes which turns into goals.

We hail Walla and Fantasia when they do it. We are happy when our mids man up well on defensive transition to make the opposition disposal more difficult.

Well guess what. Every other team does it!

That’s life. That’s the modern game. Get over it.

Truth is in the last 3 mths we should have beat Hawks and lost to Tigers and Pies by a few kicks when we didn’t have our 2 most important players in Daniher and Fantasia.

We have a young midfield and we are going ok.

1 Like

Give it time.

So they can then say how ■■■■ he is, and so on and so forth, ad infinitum.

Donnington pls

4 Likes

Every team does it and that’s why teams score 8+ goals on the turnover. We’re on another level though, 2 extra basic ball passages that should score and we give it up on the inside that result in them scoring. At least miss a target wide or long on the outside.
It’s the costly turnovers in our defensive half under no pressure where I see them 4+ goal swings. Fantasia and Daniher are another kick away.
It’s an issue that our game plan has allowed. Game plan needs to be altered to suit our kicking skills or we need to improve our kicking considerably.