#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Heppell had a ■■■■■■ good year. He’s basically held our midfield together.

Some of the comments above are very sad and misguided.

Yes kicks badly sometimes but goes in hard and leads from the front.

It’s hard to have unbelievable skills in the midfield. Heppell Averages 27 disposals a game 72% efficiency.

Dangerfield 68%, gaff 75%, Ablett 71%, Kelly 71%, Merrett 70%, Cotchin 64%, Martin 66%

4 Likes

can people stop quoting efficiency like it means something, absolute farce of a stat.

you kick the ball 40 metres forward and its an efficient kick.

2 Likes

Once again you prove you don’t actually watch games of football, just run around slagging off players and the team when we lose while going missing when we are winning. Go back to bogfooty where you belong.

4 Likes

I’d call you an idiot but that’s a cohort I don’t want to offend

2 Likes

So what’s an ineffective kick?

It’s called a “colyer”

3 Likes

You actually post just like Jay Neagle played footy, he didn’t use his brain either.

2 Likes

Missed out on the AA squad.

once again proving the selectors have NFI. the bias on that panel is atrocious.

1 Like

As opposed to the bias on this thread?

Seriously he is nowhere near AA m8

6 Likes

Saad’s absence is the biggest injustice

3 Likes

bullsh*t. hes a farking workhorse and is criminally underrated by bombers and opposition supporters alike

1 Like

righto

His performances post the Caaarlton game would warrant serious consideration, but taken over the entire season, his performances do not.

3 Likes

If that is the criteria then Dangerfield and Martin are lucky to be in the squad, and probably 10 others.

Seems to me that AA is mostly about previous years than the current one.

Fair point, l am only talking about Heppell.

I think your are correct about Hepps.

I actually question how the whole AA team is decided. It seems a given that the Best forward for the year wins the John Colman Medal and Jack gets the key forward role, but the best small pressure forward for the year is Walla but he is not even considered. They will probably throw Brown and Franklin into th eTeam which is a nonsense.

1 Like

The question is, would Heppell give a ■■■■?
Captain of an AA team in a premiership year would be his only AA satisfaction from here on out.
He had a pretty good year, best and fairest and Brownlow votes will show that.

Tell me with a straight face that Cotchin, Edwards and Lambert had a better season than him…

Heppell is top 10 in AFLCA votes. And the only top 10 player not in the AA squad.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s a ■■■■■■■ disgrace

3 Likes

I also think Heppell is very stiff not to make the AA squad.