#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Cripps played well though.

Heppell was off on form as well those first 8 weeks.

Which is why no EFC player got in (though honestly Smith should have. Rare few that played well during those first few weeks) - can’t make AA on 14 weeks of good form.

2 Likes

Smith was victim of his biggest strength being an un-glamorous defensive one. Just as Neville Jetta (And McGrath who was statistically better) didn’t get in last year as a small defender.

1 Like

They have him 5th in the Brownlow same votes as Max Gawn. Unbelievable effort if it comes true…hardly gets a mention…just goes about it

2 Likes

Be even better if he wins it. I put $20 on him at 50/1 a couple of months back. Edit: actually 81/1

Our slow start wont help, got a lot of the ball but turned it over a bit

He wont win but still had a good year. Better than what a lot of people realise.

Oh, he gets lots of mentions. Just scroll back and look at all the posts calling him ‘soft’, ‘not captain material’, hippy’, ‘junky’, ‘an embarressment’, etc.

5 Likes

Fools.

Should say, Heart, Strength, loyal. Blokes a ripper, glad he is the Captain.

1 Like

Isn’t it funny how his hair is suddenly not an issue when we’re winning

1 Like

Oh… it’s still an issue.

2 Likes

In the first half of the season he was a lot of those things, 2nd half he was the complete opposite

Really.

Yes

Really

Y
E
S

I don’t think anyone called him a junky btw

Played very well in most of the games we won, even the ones early in the season. Reckon he’ll get 20+ votes.

Turns out, he had a lot of blinders after this game. Absolute jet footballer who does what needs to be done, week in and week out.

2 Likes

You can’t be serious, that’s just a load of ■■■■.

1 Like

Meh, my opinion

His form was awful at the start of the year, his kicking was worse

The difference in his leading out on the ground from the first half in the year compared to the 2nd half was night and day

1 Like

I made that one up