#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Dart board

2 Likes

Apparently our coaches told Dyson he need a bit more c**t in him. What better way to learn than read that book.

4 Likes

You know, trash talking / sledging / getting under the oppositions skin is a legitimate tactic to unsettle your opponent, right? When it’s all said and done, Mitchell is a once in a generation player. Can totally understand Heppell’s enthusiasm for the signature.

? He’s not even in the conversation for the best player of his era, let alone a once in a generation talent

11 Likes

An under-rated player - Top 3 in the Crichton for the last 6 years says it all - If only more players could reach Dyson’s level of consistency.

4 Likes

Good I want us to play with aggression want bumps and tackles that hurt the opposition (legally of course)

Sam won’t even be the best Mitchell of his generation.

He won’t even be the best Mitchell to wear the wees and poos in the last 10 years.

1 Like

Which Mitch? The one with the Brownlow he won or the one with the Brownlow he was given?

2 Likes

It was only handed to him because he came second, not because they pulled a name out of a hat. He was very good that year. People down play him because he is a wanker but he was still a good player and part of a brilliant team.

Least deserving brownlow medallist since Fyfe got his.

1 Like

Sam Mitchell was hardly the best player in his team and certainly wasn’t the fairest in the competition. He was and will always be a grub of the highest order though.

8 Likes

Priddis for mine.

1 Like

Never said he was the best player in his team. Still a good player though and was certainly very good that year in question. But the idiots in here are carrying on because Hepps wants to learn from a guy who played in one the best modern teams to play footy, simply because they hate Mitchell.

2 Likes

#notmycaptain

1 Like

I work with a Hawks premiership player from that era and he has said that Sam Mitchell was hands down the best player he has ever played with. Mitchell was a grub, but he was still a very good player.

If Mitchell wasn’t the grub he is,he would have refused Jobes’ medal I mean why would you want a medal for coming 2nd that year? even better if the AFL had any brains make the 2012 brownlow no winner or have 3 winners.

edit- even tho Jobe had his medal taken he’s still the 2012 Brownlow winner the record books wont say it but history does.

Priddis wasn’t a filthy sniper at all.

1 Like

Agree with the fairest part, but Priddis was far from the best part, the other half of the Chas.

In the bests of his team / on the day

The Priddis hate I don’t get. Super consistent footballer and at that time the best mid in their side. I’m guessing Shuey was injured for most of 2015

What about that Heppell bloke eh. Good footballer. Family holiday down bloodstained’s way going well

2 Likes