#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

I am not sure why anyone would listen to you, you don’t like Darcy “Darcy Parish” Parish.

1 Like

By years end nobody will😊

Nobody will listen to you or nobody will like Parish?

I apologise for derailing this thread and will get off the subject and back to “Doise”.
BUT…it is a rare thing for someone who averages 4 votes a year in his career to suddenly win anything!
Don’t quote me a “for instance” and tell me I’m wrong.

Fyfe won a a medal in 2015 with 29 votes to rnd 14 and 2 for the rest of the year.
It was this sort of argument that people used to prove Jobe was on something and came off it towards year’s end.
So if Jobe was on “something”, using CAS logic, Fyfe must have been too.

Now back to Mr. Heppell. I love the man and hope h has a great year. Even, dare I say it, a premiership captain.

Nobody listens to me now.

1 Like

l’ve already told you twice.

1 Like

Would never win it any more, these days you need at least one elite season before the umpires take notice of you.

People just feel sorry for wowoedin

Anyone expecting a career best year this year?

He is right in his prime, settled as captain, has the midfield cattle that can handle themselves around him and third year back.
We all fantasise about how promising our younger guys could be but this guy respectfully had as good as a start to a career as anyone. I think hes missed out on the recognition this preseason but could easily destroy it in our bnf, be AA and challenge for a Brownlow.
Deservedly so we have been critical of his disposal the last two years, I hope his basic skills have improved.

4 Likes

Everyone will seem like superstars after being sprinkled by magic premiership dust.

5 Likes

I think all of the older guys will be made to look better with the young coming through. Teams will now have to contend with an elite midfield unit as opposed to just 2 or 3 elite players.

This.

No more looping floaters kicked to the opposition would be good.

I’n Expecting a very big year from Hep. People forget how good he is.

2 Likes

I think some people severely over estimate how often this happens. They see something in someone’s game that isn’t perfect (in Dyson’s case kicks that tend to float), then put that it in a worst case scenario and claim that as a constant occurrence, and as a blight on their game.

7 Likes

My biggest gripe with Dyson at times is how slow he is to turn around after a mark. Hurley does the same. When our game plan is go go go.

1 Like

Its the easiest aspect he can improve to have more influence on the game.

1 Like

This is not correct. Heppell’s basic skills are perfectly fine, he just has a problem that sometimes he floats his kicks. Can this improve? Of course. Is his basic skills a problem? No, no they are not.

1 Like

He butchered it for the first two months of last season. It was honestly, pretty poor disposal

After that, it turned around bigtime. But let’s not pretend it didnt happen because, it did. He obviously worked on it because the back half of the season it was improved, and fine. And that’s a credit to him

7 Likes

Was it actually any different?

Or was it just more noticeable/people jumping on it more since we were losing in 1st half of season

And also because team pressure was better not hurt as much later in season.

Where’s our champion data guru at?

His clanger count was no higher than the rest of the season. Also his Supercaoch and AFL Fantasy scores were pretty high and they are based on stats. So if he was butchering as badly as you paint that would not be the case.

So I am not sure you are actually very correct on that level.