#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Pretty poor by the AFL not to invite Captain America and Captain Marvel, a missed opportunity for cross promotion

9 Likes

Which players aren’t captains? Genuine question because I don’t know plenty of the captains from other clubs

Max Gawn isn’t the captain of the Dees (Viney and Jones are), JJ isn’t captain of the Doggies (Easton Wood is).

Adelaide and Port have co captains as well.

Edit - Callan Ward is GWS Captain not Phil Davis. Josh Kennedy and Rampe are the Swans co captains.

2 Likes

Witts to?

Ward & Davis co-captains?

1 Like

My bad. Thought it was just Ward. My mistake!

Surprised to see so many had Hepp in our best today.

Didn’t get his hands dirty once and was dishing up looped kicks all day.

Can’t wait for his tweet tomorrow.

3 Likes

Not sure what you are on about there KM?

1 Like

Been relegated to half back

Coaches have no clue

I thought he was ok.
Tried hard most of the game. Moved himself to the backline when we were really struggling back there. Hardly a concern IMO.

3 Likes

No No No our capt, was terrible We’re was the oh ■■■ we’re getting smashed out of the centre let’s implement plan b .it didn’t happen / either tbell is injured or our muv\ch vaunted n\mid field is ■■■■■■

Heard him on the radio last week, reckon he used the term “bring the heat” at least four times and referencing pressure and being the no.1 pressure team since round 9 last year. Where has the pressure been this year?

1 Like

I’m sorry but this guy wouldn’t inspire me to get out of bed in the morning let alone win a football game.

He had a ■■■■■ ton of potential when we drafted him but we’ve turned him into an average big-bodied midfielder.

I think a huge part of the problem today was leadership and that starts with one person on field… The captain.

5 Likes

Being captain requires getting the players ready. Failed yet again.
Being the leader on the ground and lack of runners requires making calls to change the game. Failed to make the call and put himself, Smith and one of Myers/Shiel/Merrett in the guts for a good block early to ramp up the intensity.
Can’t believe he didn’t start in the middle and have no ■■■■■■■ idea why Smith our best pressure player started in the goal square for the first bounce. Set the tone with your hardest players.
If he wants us to be the number one pressure team and fails again he has to reconsider his position. I think the blame is on him moreso than our coaching panel. Couldn’t get the team to pressure, gut run nor calm them down from fumbling. If we’re not breathing fire from the first bounce against the Saints he has to stand down.

1 Like

Stand down?

Heppell?

Will never happen!

He is our least inspiring captain that we have had for a long time.

The strangest thing about him is that he’s the most country sounding bloke in the AFL yet he wouldn’t be out of place in a boatdroom with the language he uses.

You don’t bring the heat by covering half as much distance as your opposition. That is bringing the couch.

Totally disagree.

Was the only one in the first half to actually get the pill , put himself in the action and not fumble the thing every friggin time.

3 Likes

Getting the pill is just one part of being a captain.

Inspiring by your own actions is another.

Heppell and Myers has 3 contested possessions each with only ten minutes remaining in the game.

That’s no where near good enough for senior players and leaders.

I don’t like the idea of Heppell being played in or near the backline. He is one of our best clearance players and as captain he needs to be played on ball so that he can set the tone.

The captain is not our problem. Not even top 5. In my opinion.

4 Likes