#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

He’s in a bit of a funk like pretty much everyone. But he’s absolutely got the ability to be a great captain.

Remember this?

I said at the time that goal was a fluke and have been proven right ever since. The right choice was to kick to an open Langford in the goal square. As Goddard was lambasted for.

Yes, i remember that one time our sub par captain did something captainish…

2 Likes

I agree with this sentiment but I wouldn’t entrust this coaching panel with that task.

They can’t even get the team selection right from week to week let alone actually picking the right captain for our football club.

I’m surprised those clowns can find their way to work each day considering the amount of poor decisions they make regularly.

1 Like

Does anyone else think he should get a haircut?

Make a statement, show that we mean business, and we aren’t just some joke of a club.

3 Likes

I’d just love a bit of raw honesty.

Keep your hair if you want. I don’t care.

But I’d love for him to come out this week and say: “I am bitterly disappointed with the performance of the team and my own individual performance. I am going to endeavour this week to make sure that myself and my teammates put in a great performance for our fans because quite frankly what we have produced in the first two games of the home and away season has been well below AFL standard and I am going to lead by example and give 110% in every training session this week and play to my fullest potential.”

Instead we’ll get some “Yeah, nah’s“ and some “Look the boys have been working hard” bullshite that we’ve become accustomed to.

I don’t care if you take no pride in your physical appearance, but I do care if you don’t take pride in your performance and not take for granted the unbelievable privilege that is playing AFL football and being the Captain of the Essendon Football Club.

In fairness, he basically said this last week and was torn to shreds on Blitz.

1 Like

Why does Dyson not face the media after a game?

I swear Jobe used to!

He said on nine news tonight that the effort and intensity was much better this week. Really? Saints kicked 2.7 and dominated the first quarter. Should’ve been 6 or 7 goals down at quarter time against a bottom four team missing McCartin, Carlisle, Roberton, Longer and Jack Steven playing forward because he missed a big chunk of pre season and is underdone. His comments mirror those following JLT matches by himself, Merrett and Smith. Still rowing down the river denial unfortunately.

1 Like

He wants a merit badge for trying

1 Like

Woosha said the same in his post-match presser.

Sorry, but after losing by 72 round 1, the only improved effort would have been a win against a bottom 4 saints

It’s a slap in the face to supporters to trot that stuff

6 Likes

When your captain and coach are coming out with garbage like that- it’s no wonder we are playing terrible.

The effort was sub par from a lot of players. We just got lucky stkilda blew so many chances

That first half vs the Saints was worse than anything we dished up vs the Giants - who are arguably a much more talented side. That Woosha and Co would have us believe their ■■■■■ about effort, etc is insulting.

2 Likes

This time last year Is as calling for his haircut. In reality I just want him to honestly share how he’s feeling and “cut” the stock standard “yeah nah, the boys will hit the track hard and do all we can to learn from it” etc.
Terry Daniher was laconic, but he’d have made a ■■■■■■■ statement. I wish the captain would put the acid on the ■■■■ weak senior players who aren’t up to scratch.
I’d love for him to call out someone like TBC and how he needs to be more physical and give better use to our mids.
Just something real. Kids gone through a lot and clearly loves the Bombers, but him being captain is a bit of an indictment on how shallow our leadership pool is.
I’d Prefer Hooker or Merrett as captain but still think Hepp should be part of the leadership group.

Yeah, but did he write it in a public forum like all brave men do?

1 Like

Well apparently you can’t express it by booing at the game…

1 Like

Have a look at the spirit the dogs, Gold Coast and Brisbane are playing with. That’s the standard for us to try and meet. If we can raise the effort, spirit, heart to that level, our talent should see us win matches. What we’ve seen so far has been pea hearted spiritless insipid tokenism that scarcely resembles effort. It’s deadset fkg insulting to suggest to us as members/supporters that they’re leaving no stone unturned when it’s clearly not the case.

13 Likes

i watched the replay and in hindsight to a degree he is right. it was better.

the problem was the skill and decision making with ball. you can only cover so many turnovers and players not hitting their marks.

If i could be bothered and knew how to with video software I could cut a video together of Zaka alone missing targets, getting shrugged off when trying to tackle, and it’d pretty much match that video of ricky pittard from port that was floating around.

It’s almost like a mirror image of last year, the defence held up pretty well at the start of the year, we were in most games and could have won them, but the skill level last year and the start of this year is just atrocious.
zaka and myers aside cos they are perennial turnover merchants, raz, tippa smith are rusty as all ■■■■, zerrett not far infront of them either.
heppell is struggling too.

you can barely carry 1 player in todays game who isn’t performing for whatever reason. we started the first 2 games so far this year trying to carry 6 plus.
it’s not rocket science.

the only problem i see is, the coaches don’t have the balls to drop any of these players.

2 Likes

this has been my point for a few years when ever we get smashed knocked we do absolutley fark all…in fact we encourage it by doing nothing…nice guy this nice that nice never wins you anything except friends!

1 Like