#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

It’s been four days…

Worst Bare Naked Ladies cover act EVER

3 Likes

From ESPN:

Essendon’s Round 1 defeat against GWS was a complete train wreck and Saturday’s upset loss to St Kilda was viewed similarly, but the reality is the Dons were the better team apart from a woeful period from midway through the first quarter to the 12th minute of the second - when the Saints ripped the sloppy Bombers apart in kicking 6.5 to 1.2 from a 17-6 run of inside-50s. This period was, of course, when some Bombers played like under-8 footballers, making simple mistakes like kicking the ball into each other, not manning the mark and bizarrely, running away from a ‘live’ ball to instead take a breather on the interchange bench.

The Bombers appeared comical during this head-shaking period but it shouldn’t be all doom and gloom at Windy Hill. From the 12-minute mark of the second quarter until the end of the game, Essendon lifted noticeably, winning the contested possessions 117 to 96, inside-50s 41-28 and outscoring the Saints by almost four goals. Their final pressure factor was fifth best across the round, signifying the Dons’ defensive intent.

Of course, coaches and players are judged on wins and losses, meaning the end result was rightly the focus in the aftermath.

2 Likes

so to clarify. The genuine improvement you saw were:

Improved Pressure
Winning the contested possessions
and more inside 50’s.

any others that you saw?

Not trying to start an argument, just interested to know what you think

And so what if we won those stats.

St Kilda are a bottom 4 side, we struggled and got beaten. End of.

1 Like

I think you’ll find we are a bottom 4 side and St Kilda are 5th…

4 Likes

And let’s not forget that those that expect to finish low hit the Season start at almost peak fitness to maximise early performances, thereby boosting hope in their supporters and hence hopefully boosting m/ship sales, whilst those that expect to finish in finals contention generally aim to peak later in the Season.

I’ve gone through my opinion on it several times since Sunday, so I’m not going to again.
There was a very obvious change in how we came out after half-time. Almost like a different side. It was too little too late. But there was a definite shift.

1 Like

Wtaf do you want dude? You ask questions, hang ■■■■ on the ■■■■■■■ answers, and go on like a ■■■■■■■ halfwitt forever. There are no easy ■■■■■■■ answers, ok? Go cry in a ■■■■■■■ corner somewhere for ■■■■■ sake.

1 Like

Haha whoaaa

I don’t want the club to get some recognition to sugar coat the poor performance over a few stats during a portion of the game against a team that everyone tipped to be bottom 4 this season

And they haven’t. They know things are crap, like we do. They want to fix it. In your words - end of.

1 Like

ok then, thanks for the chat

And? I’m not sure I’m following. Who’s going hard?

We looked like something approaching a footy team, for about an hour of the match.
Still not good. Just not terrible. For all of it.

GWS game we had maybe 5 minutes.

1 Like

Because ■■■■ canning you makes them feel a teeny bit better that they let a sports team of people they don’t know dictate their whole mood for a week or so?

And don’t get me wrong, ■■■■ canning you does feel good. But that’s something to be enjoyed 365 days a year.

Riewoldt turning up the heat on our captain

Lets see how we respond.

HEPPELL WILL EARN HIS MONEY AS ESSENDON CAPTAIN: RIEWOLDT

BY SEN 2 HOURS AGO

Nick Riewoldt is eager to see how both Melbourne and Essendon respond in tonight’s must-win clash at the MCG.

The Demons and Bombers head into the Round 3 meeting without a victory to their name in 2019 with both sides having disappointed greatly in the opening two rounds of the new season.

St Kilda great Riewoldt shone the spotlight on the intriguing meeting on SEN’s Whateley .

“I’m fascinated to see how both of these teams respond, under huge pressure,” he said.

“You can be 0-2 and have grave concerns. I don’t have grave concerns for Melbourne.

“I think their pre-season has impacted. They still did a lot right in the sense that they won the footy and gave themselves opportunity against Geelong (last weekend).

“They just went a bit wide and shallow with their entries. That can be rectified.”

As for the Dons, there are some concerns for Riewoldt who feels this is a situation in which captain Dyson Heppell really needs to stand up.

“The Bombers are an interesting side to watch,” he added.

“How do they get themselves out of the headspace of playing survival football? Because that’s what it looks like from the outside.

“I’ve been there as a player and as a captain.

“This is where Dyson Heppell will earn his money as a skipper, trying to lead a team out of this situation.

“It’s a challenge.”

Skipper starting on the bench in a must win?

Put him in the guts and get the upper hand around the contest against Melbourne’s mids early!!!

We cannot even get the basics right

1 Like

:roll_eyes: Ummmm, …

Riewoldt is a ■■■■.

He’s ■■■■■■ over exposed and I don’t mean by his past misdemeanors.

1 Like