#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

That may be so but when a side is underperforming its generally the coaches and the leadership group that get questioned.

I can live with it.

1 Like

Me too.

I just wanted to say that Riewoldt is a ■■■■.

1 Like

Yeah, I find it ironic that Melbourne are complaining about online trolls yet the media is full of them.

Just another case of us inconveniencing their money stream.

Me too. He seemed to unfairly go after Joey earlier in the year. Basically accused him of lying. He seems to have an axe to grind with the Bombers this season. Obviously, some of his scrutiny is warranted.

What are you tipping for the game tonight?

Surely it is a case of how the team selections were put down on paper? I expect him to start on the ground. Either in the guts at the first bounce or as a general off half-back. Not on the bench. I was baffled by the decision to play him on a wing last week. If Hepps starts on the bench this week, I will call sabotage by Woosha.

A lot of the media have an axe to grind with Essendon.

I think Melbourne will win and win easily.

I don’t like what I saw last week and I just don’t think we have players that can pick us up and drag us across the line.

When we are up and running and playing as a team then we look great but when the chips are down we lack character in my opinion.

I miss the days when Hirdy would just will us across the line.

2 Likes

I think Woosh said the midfielders all take it in turns of starting on the bench. This week it must be Hepps turn. Last week it was Shiel.

I honestly don’t think it matters. He’ll end up doing the same amount of time as he usually does. Does it matter if he doesn’t hit the ground until the 5 minutes mark?

For mine, yes. Be that as it may, it is a critical game. I would like to see him start on the ground and demonstrate a strong intent from the very first bounce. Make a real Captain’s statement in the first 5 mins. A crunching tackle. Two or three consecutive clearances. He can play the start on the bench rotation game in the future. Not tonight. Just IMO.

p.s. And I don’t give two hoots what Woosh says. :wink:

2 Likes

If we are looking for a good start then it may well make a difference.

I think we need something like that to give us a lift. And hopefully not squander it away by drifting off as the quarter continues.

2 Likes

Ahh, it’s a cunning plan to be rubbish at the start of the year then?

We have not demonstrated that we are so good that we are able to control things like that.

1 Like

I’m not sure, … but I’d be fairly disposed to the theory that bit was not the plan. :smirk:

Im 90% sure that whoever is listed on the bench on the team sheet on Thurs night (Friday night for sunday games) has to start on the bench.

The other positions obviously don’t matter

It matters, he is the Captain/Leader. Needs to lead from the start, not ‘catch you in 5 minutes’.

Hopefully Worsfold doesn’t sit him on the bench at the start.

2 Likes

Yep, I remember early-2000s that David Hille injured himself in the warm-up and had to line up on the field inside the boundary line. As soon as the ump bounced the ball, he stepped over the line and someone else sprinted on.

I do agree on that point. If we were flying at the moment it wouldn’t bother me.

It’s almost like Worsfold is trolling the media. Last week he was criticized for starting Shiel on the bench. This week he starts with Shiel in the middle and leaves the captain on the bench.

My understanding is that an official from each team must submit a team sheet up to 30 mins prior to the start of the match. That team sheet will identify the players in each team and the starting interchange players, so Woosha can shuffle the real starting positions up until that point. You don’t have to stick with the original starting positions as selected on the Thursday night.

Let’s hope.

(actually I seem to live in hope these days)

Woosha during the pre-season?
download

Okay I hope you’re right.

But yeah my point was surely they would want to make a statement and sticking Hepp in the guts would be a start and doing on the teamsheet too so there’s no questions being asked like this