#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

How about the coaching team select players on merit (not zac) and play them where they play their best footy. Why don’t we try that?

And not starting Shiel on the bench lols

I find that bizarre you would want your best players in the centre for the opening bounce wouldn’t you?

Very good captains game tonight, really put in hard at contests and work rate.

5 Likes

Showed why he is captain tonight

4 Likes

Well he showed up some of you didn’t he. Great game. I’m so happy for him and the team.

7 Likes

Cracked in all night. Set the tone. Rated his game tonight.

1 Like

Really stood up. Good game Dois!

1 Like

He stood up and played well. Competed hard put in a real shift and willed himself to win some hard ball.

The problem is, it shouldn’t take him until round 3 with his back against the wall to put in that type of performance.

Hopefully he builds on this though and has a great season overall.

Yeah nah needs a hair cut

2 Likes

He’s played better than most leading into this game. Tried to lift the team last week. Great Captain’s game tonight that I hope will shut up all those who’ve bagged him. (Here, general public & media)

3 Likes

■■■■■■■ rubbish. He has been the most consistent player in the team.

6 Likes

Good game, confused still why he started on the wing in a must win.

1 Like

Fkg this. Well done Hepp.

Great game but needs support in that role, otherwise he’s cooked midway thru season

He’s no Dangerfield, and I wanted more at HT.

But then he dun brung it in the 2nd. Still seems like he needs someone else to go before he gets going.

I could be wrong though. Need to watch the replay.

Thought he got good support from Zac and Raz and was good for Shiel too

If you look up a few comments, I questioned and I expected

Dyson delivered . Best game of the year. Well done hep

3 Likes

Now tonight it what I call a captains game. Well done Hep. Led by example all night

The comments before, then after, tonight.
Many talk before they think. Leadership is a thing demonstrated and Hep came of age tonight, leading by example. I criticised him for being mute, but I understand more what he’s about now.

Bob Skilton went around for nearly 20 yrs, won 3 Brownlows 2 as captain and played with a bunch of unsupportive schmucks. Easily BoG many times a year, played in one final. Lost. Retired. Then coached Dees.

Don’t let it happen to Hep. We all want a premiership from this group, they are good enough if not this year then next. The demolition of last year’s premiers in Perth remains my happiest moment, we need to put it together and start knocking over the Tigers, the filth, and of course Hawthorn. No more last minute capitulations as in the last filth and Hawks games.

1 Like

Kudos for Dys

Makes AFL team of the week.

TIPPA selected on bench also!

And …

2 Likes