#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

“Eat Your Words” :wink:

Capture

Cap

1 Like

Eat your heart out also works there.

As does “eat my ■■■■”

1 Like

How soft is Rich though? Dyson would not have been able to do that if Rich was willing to cop some body contact.

100% squibbed that.

Now that was Greatest Of All Time

1 Like

Since Rich was going low he would have copped it with the below the knees rule if he hit Dyson.

1 Like

Bring Him In … the Guts

Conor McKenna 184cm, 84 kg

Dusty Martin 187cm, 86 kg

Lachie Neale 176cm, 82 kg

Luke Parker 183cm, 85 kg

I guess, but he didn’t have to dive in like that. He could have kept his feet and hit Heppell standing up (like Hodge did to someone in the same game).

That said, all split second stuff I guess. Maybe went a bit harsh on him.

1 Like

Arguably the most audacious thing ever done in a GF.

1 Like

it’s worth posting

7 Likes

Aside from being broadly the same size and shape, McKenna doesn’t have a much in common with those players in terms of how he plays the game.

There is nothing about McKenna that screams inside mid. His attributes make him a perfect fit for a flanker/outside mid though

2 Likes

There’s a few parents who I see regularly at the football who seem to be raising their kids in their own pessimistic, defeatist, leave any game we’re not winning early mould and it makes me sad. Firstly, because going to the footy as a kid should be a fun positive experience, regardless of the result, and secondly, because I’m sure it extends beyond football fandom.

4 Likes

Conor McKenna legs: 2

Mark Knopfler legs: 2

Therefore he should be a guitarist

EDIT: I’m being a bit mean here. Conor’s definitely got some traits that could see him being a very damaging weapon in midfield, albeit I don’t know if he’s got the tank to do more than part time.
Just stuffed if I can see him being a body work, heavy lifting mid. He’s not that big a body. I don’t think his balance & lower body strength is all that good. And why would you want such a good user anywhere where he might be inclined not to run & kick it (ie heavy midfield traffic) ?

2 Likes

cruel

5 Likes

Leon Bakers boots are currently part of a display at Tulla. Level 2 (if I remember correctly). Lots of stuff on display on L3 and L2, including ■■■■’s three brownlows and Billy Hutchison’s two. Enter on the level at the cafe, head up the stairs to the top L3 and slowly go thru the displays. There is a lift up to L3, if needed, near reception.

3 Likes

I reckon in the first half alone he went back with the flight about 3 times and never flinched. The guy is legit tough

Had a great game as well. Really leading from the front

7 Likes

He looks gassed every game yet is still running hard at the end no matter the score.

Has been fantastic so far

With genuine pace around him, he becomes a better than useful contested ball player. Plays on willpower as much as anything. Running into some very good form.

Best game he has played for a while. Did his usual stuff well, but that was the best I can remember him kicking the ball, had some amazing passes today

3 Likes

Got the 3 votes from me today because of his foot skills. That was next level Heppell today.

2 Likes

BOG for me today

2 Likes