#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

He’s been our best and most consistent player this year.
I may have said that already.

2 Likes

It seems you too are consistent

2 Likes

No. He’s been cat sick, meh and glorious this season so far. Today he was glorious.

Captains performance.

Has lead from the front in our 3 wins this year.

2 Likes

This bloke really leading from the front today…

His jogging is elite.

1 Like

You’re a ■■■■■■■.
Just ■■■■ off with your stupid ■■■■ during games

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

I know he is skipper but why do blokes feel the need to give it to him when he is on his wrong side?
4 times that quarter he received the ball on his wrong side and the Pies know he will try to get around on his left. The one from Hurley was the worst

1 Like

Yep, hardly helpful to him. I think it is because he works every hard to be at the contest to help out that they just automatically give it to him.

But it’s so frustrating as a couple of times Redman or Saad we’re going past at the same time and yet we always give it to Heppell.

they used to do the same thing with Jobe.

Why is it that 9/10 AFL players kick that one around the corner but nagging in my head was, “he won’t kick this”.

That game where he stood up Round 1 against Hawks in the return game seems like a lifetime ago.

He is going backwards as a footballer I think. I wonder if he has some perpetual groin issue or something because when we drafted him he said he was like Josh Drummond with a big left kick and now he can’t kick over a jam tin…

Has to be carrying an injury

1 Like

1 - He is not going backwards. The guy is a star and has carried this team more often than not.
2 - You probably had the feeling he wouldn’t make the goal - because you haven’t seen him take that kick before in a game.
3 - Everyone knows he has a chronic issue being managed but it has nothing to do with anything.

3 Likes

The way he throws his body into the contest and puts his body on the line time and time again shows why he is our captain.

Inspirational in so many contests

6 Likes

happy he is our captain. glad he is in our team.

plays with so much heart.

4 Likes

Not sure.

Didn’t he finish 4th in the MVP years ago? He seemed destined to be uber elite. He seems to have lost some polish along the way and is now grafting out a career doing the heavy lifting. I have no doubt he has carried a heavy burden for a player not built to do so.

But I am not aware he has been carrying a chronic issue but he certainly plays every second game like he can’t kick 40m which screams dodgy groins to me. Is that his issue?

I honestly think something is effecting his kicking biomechanics.

Maybe it’s just his hair.

I’m not at all unhappy with what Heppell is producing for the team atm- he is so important in the clinches and an intelligent, creative footballer. But I do agree that he has lost perhaps some of his stylish lateral movement. There was a period where he was very good at creating time and space in tight- he now gets caught and buried in tackles more than I remember.

Still a very very good player and hopefully a premiership skipper soon too.

2 Likes

Got to lots of contests and won the ball but overall it was a struggling game - Had limited impact.