#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

This guy makes Jack Ziebell look like an A grade captain. Barely can kick over 30 metres, a deadset disgrace. Keep on smiling Dys, she’ll be right!

1 Like

He does not deserve the captaincy.

I’d love him to be my boss at work.

He is only there for a laugh and to run around on a weekend, he doesn’t have the attitude or intent of a player who will move heaven and earth for success.

As far as Dyson is concerned, he gets paid 6 figures a year to run around on a weekend for the club he supported as a kid. Nothing more.

This bloke will not lead us to a premiership.

@IceTemple

Got anything inspirational about our jovial captain?

Yep, you can tell he doesn’t put in nearly enough work in the gym as well. He should have the physique and size of a Luke Parker. He has been in the system long enough. His attitude along with the whole club stinks

Looks like Goldilocks & plays like Goldilocks.
Worst disposal in the side - to many turnovers…

1 Like

Puts hand up, i predicted essington.

Wheres stander2 or whatever his name is ?? Apparenrly our next 3 games are easy wins chalked up already

I think “THE SAGA” and the year off footy changed Dyson’s attitude towards it. He’s a professional who tries hard but just sees it for what it is, a game. I think we need more than that, especially from someone who’s our captain.

1 Like

Dyson is a ■■■■■■ good footballer although limited by his poor kicking but is not a natural leader. He has fallen for the corporate training methods rather than learn from the greats of the game and demand respect from teammates and opponents alike.

Too much cuddling and not enough challenging. You will lose a few soldiers along the way by challenging standards but the ones that remain will go into battle for you every time.

He needs to step aside.

5 Likes

Tell him to cut his f u c k i ng hair.

I hate this stupid bogan easy going captain.

We need a take no s h i t demand excellence captain.

Cale Hooker should be captain, and if all reports are true, he was the peer voted captain.

4 Likes

I fully can understand maybe he was just joking to make Myers feel better, and I know he cares, but surely as captain he should know that laughing is not a good look? Pat him on the bum and say better luck next time mate, not have a giggle about it. Time and a place, supporters are hurting and angry, probably not what they want to see from their captain after a tough loss.

8 Likes

1 Like

Yeah, nah
Heard it all before. Pure lip service

11 Likes

I don’t understand that attitude, he’s devastated, he gets criticised, he’s not devastated, he gets criticised.

There’s lots wrong with this footy club. LOTS.

Heppell is certainly not one of them.

3 Likes

Yeah you sure looked gutted at the final siren there skipper. It’s all words and no action from this club.

The fact that Myers actually had the nerve to make a joke and smile after the siren makes me sick. Then add in the captain laughing as well, the culture at this club stinks

Why do you keep on with this when you know it’s untrue?

That interview sums Dyson up.

His persona changed as the topic of discussion changed just as he’s trained too.

There is nothing good to be taken from that game and yet he’s telling us that they should hold their heads high and prepare for next week!

Missing targets can be fixed but commitment should be a non negotiable and he’s talking about it like you would be discussing the weekly grocery list with the misses.

I’m sick of these rational post game interviews, I want some farking passion and care for this once proud club!

2 Likes

Actions speak louder than words.
He hardly had a touch in the first half and really think his leadership is questionable at times. It’s up to him to lead by example and some of those floating bombs inside our forward 50 in the last quarter were disgusting.

6 Likes

I really think that both were just releasing their hurt by laughing

He lifted a bit in the second half, but before that he was very ordinary, uninspiring and ineffective.
Works his butt off and has some great characteristics, but he doesn’t seem to be having an impact on the field.
His kicking can be so poor at times.