#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Unfortunately the guy is so used to losing it doesn’t hurt anymore. Champions hate to lose. The fear of losing drives them to win. Essendon is full of leaders who are happy to take the positives out of a loss and pretend to learn something from it.

9 Likes

I’m not sure of Ramsey’s hamstring recovery but I would love nothing more than for to score a final minute winner in the Europa league final.

He’s going to be missed

Heppel took some great marks and was involved in a lot of play.

I dunno he is a long way from the next dropped.

the best captain? I dunno if the players follow him I guess.

I’m not sure why there is so much vitriol towards him. Could be more serious and set a better tone when things arent going well…I guess.

Some interesting reading.

oh my god imagine if he did.
Like the FA cup.
Im pretty sure they allready said he wont play again this season though.
which is strange because the final is still another 3 weeks away and hes already been out for ages.

1 Like

ZMerrett for mine or a fit Smith.
Zak would strive to get to the next level and the losses would eat him up inside.

Plus he’s the future.

I know they ruled him out of EPL games which is understandable but I’m not sure about Europa.

Maybe an arrangement has been made with Juventus for him to go early.

Would love for him to be the one to get us back into champions league though.

1 Like

I don’t care the consequence, scenario, thought or emotion behind it, but in no world is doing THIS

After a horrible, pathetic display of football, ok.

6 Likes

Dev Smith had an article in the age today about how ridiculous it is to get upset with Dyson for having a laugh with Myers after the game to make him feel better.

1 Like

A teammate sticking by his captain.

Huge surprise.

3 Likes

Should it be? Would anyone vote for a tough hard marking bloke who would actually call them to account for poor performance?

1 Like

A captain making his team mate feel better. What a surprise.

4 Likes

for starters Myers looked like he didn’t need cheering up.

Secondly there are many ways of cheering each other up but laughing on a national tv audience after you have just lost to the bottom team is probably not the best one.

2 Likes

Based on your opinion. You can’t possibly make that call. Silly thing to say.

I can read facial expressions

Come on man. Do you actually think he thought the situation was funny? If so then maybe you’re not as good at reading people as you think.

I’ve got no issue with Hepp post game or in his post game review interview.

3 Likes

People looking for things to be outraged about. Like the performance isn’t enough.

2 Likes

How about they concern themselves with winning rather than laughing around after the game.

That result was as predictable as you will find yet they had no idea.

3 Likes

Don’t care about the photo, but I think questions over his captaincy are warranted.

Like a lot of discussions on blitz it ends up binary, he’s either great or hopeless, when the truth really sits somewhere in the middle. I think he provides on field leadership and would comfortably be in every leadership group in the comp, however I don’t think he is a great captain. In an environment where fingers are being pointed at board members, ceo, coaches and list manager I don’t think the captain should be afforded a pass.

Reality is under his captaincy we have totally treaded water and a hallmark of this time is inconsistent performance. He’s not captaining a team of kids through a rebuilding phase, so this isnt acceptable.

10 Likes