#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

I did just quote him so stop being an idiot yourself. You are putting in your words and the writers words what you want it to say and McGrath was saying that in his view Hepps was wrong about himself and that from a leadership position Hepps hadn’t put a foot wrong…

but to help you:
“Dyson Heppell has come into our development meetings a few times which is for first to third year players and has basically said that we’re driving the standards at the moment and it should probably be the other way around,” he told SEN’s Crunch Time.

He apologised on his behalf for not setting a good enough example in his eyes, I guess everyone’s in the same boat, I don’t think Dyson has set a foot wrong this whole season from a leadership point of view.

“We’re all there supporting him, it’s not one individuals fault over another.”

Your statement was this:

That’s NOT what McGrath or Heppell said, at all.

1 Like

Paints a far clearer picture when you don’t selectively quote doesn’t it…

Yes it does, it shows you were wrong.

Lol

You’re full of ■■■■, @IceTemple is correct.

5 Likes

How do you figure?

You misquoted Heppell. Heppell said the senior players were not setting enough of an example/standard out on the field at the time but the young players were, in Heppell’s eyes.

McGrath I don’t think Dyson has set a foot wrong this whole season from a leadership point of view .

This is not the same as you saying "…when he came out last year and said he wasn’t providing enough leadership for the young players. "

2 Likes

Semantics.

Isn’t setting an example and leadership the same thing or at least intertwined?

The fact that this season mirrors last season highlights we are not learning.

1 Like

If you are going to quote him get it right.

1 Like

Lol

You’ll never be leadership material with that sort of a response.

Not really concerned about that when people are more interested in semantics rather than the actual context.

I wouldn’t disrespect your posts if you actually provide a reasonable argument as to how Heppell is a strong leader.

We are in a results based industry and we are not performing well in that regard.

2 Likes

The point you keep missing is that McGrath DISAGREED with Heppell’s assessment of what Heppell was like.

1 Like

That wasn’t my point though was it?

Now you are misquoting me.

I am not misquoting you at all, your statement was never misquoted, taken out of context or part quoted. Your opinion is wrong imo and your supposition is faulty.

Then what is your opinion on why the club continues to embarrass itself?

Well it sure doesn’t revolve around one player with a bad haircut who actually does bleed for this club and gives his all and has been one of our top players and leaders on the field. He isn’t perfect by any stretch but he isn’t the repository of all evil as you seem to want.

I have addressed in a few threads about what is wrong with this club, Heppell’s thread bares no relevance to my opinion on our woes.

2 Likes

I have never at any stage have said that it’s all on Heppell.

I have said there are huge cultural issues and a leadership divide and Heppell as captain is a part of that.

Removing Heppell as captain would not automatically fix everything. There are a few others that I would prefer to go before him.

You have no evidence of any leadership divide at all. Comments like that are what causes this online feeding frenzy, people throwing out statements as though they are true. I also do not think we have a cultural issue at all, the players are professional, no one is running around getting drunk, taking drugs, running into parked cars, any of that sort of thing.

We have a playing group that for some reason isn’t gelling the way they should, and Heppell’s leadership isn’t to blame for this. From the reports that do come out from the players he is a good leader to both the young and more senior players and none of them have any issues with him at all either on or off the field.

The issues with Heppell’s leadership is all fan driven. They don’t like that he is corporate speak as a person, that he always remains positive and happy. They want a player who is angry like them and berates everyone. That is not who Heppell is as a player or person whether we like it or not. That does not make him a bad leader though as leadership comes in all shapes and styles. And what he is like in person behind closed doors is not something any of us are privileged to see, but from some snippets that occasionally come out, he calls a spade a spade when it is required.

If we had a coach who was a bit more angry after games we might not turn on Hepps as much as we do.

1 Like