#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

I agree re Hooker. The guy puts in 110% every week, happy to play forward or back, was one of the first to re-sign in 2016 and literally locked himself in his house so he couldn’t be traded in 2012. He bleeds red and black. You will never find a more inspirational player for our young guys to look up to.

5 Likes

Heppell played his best game this season against the Dees and in that game he was on the inside for the majority, In his post match interview he said his body was hurting and was buggered… Now that’s all well and good footy is a tough game but his next 2 weeks he played mostly off a flank/wing rather than inside… Then played more inside on Anzac day and then mainly outside against the Cats, Played a balanced game vs the Swans.

It seems to me that his body doesn’t allow him to be an inside mid week after week like a Cripps, Cunnington, Brad Crouch or Josh kennedy and that’s a problem as he’s our best inside mid.

We need to blood Mynott and Clarke ASAP in my opinion.

Hepp doesn’t pick the team.

I didn’t like the Myers interaction at the end of the game. I’m sure he was hurting but it didn’t show. Have a look at the distress on Patrick Cripps’ face post match. It was genuine hurt and he couldn’t hide it. Looked absolutely distraught. I think us as supporters want to see that more than his teammates perhaps? I liked seeing how hurt Merrett and Smith were afterwards. Hooker was hands on head, grimacing and looking skyward, it hurt him.

4 Likes

And I showed you that earlier, it was a media beat up by Barrett, not the players. They were disappointed but that doesn’t extrapolate to a leadership divide. The players themselves have said they were fine and moved on, it’s the fans via certain media that keep pushing something that isn’t correct.

And Heppell did the same thing, pics are above. People are making far more of this than they should.

3 Likes

He’s been struggling a lot this season, his body has been battered pretty badly.

Hepp, and the rest of the blokes who were suspended, got shown what life outside the game looked like. All of a sudden footy isn’t the most important thing anymore. Unfortunately these days I think footy has to be the most important thing in your life (within reason) as a player.

Are you really questioning Heppell’s commitment for football? I’m surprised to hear somebody would think that about Hepp. He seems 100% dedicated to me.

2 Likes

Where have the players said this?

Can’t tell if you’re serious or not at this point

I’m being serious.

1 Like

I see. Well in that case no, I’m not questioning his commitment to football.

1 Like

Barnstorming start to the game by cap. How many games this year he’s “worked” into it

We’re worse than last week.

Zero tackles tonight. ZERO. For a midfielder in today’s game to not lay one tackle is remarkable. As captain he should be setting the example, especially in that department.

Another very good game from the captain.
Well done, Hepp. Wouldn’t have won without you.

5 Likes

Take it easy. 17 contested possessions is pretty impressive

1 Like

played a great game yesterday. Could of easily had him as BOG.

Loved that he kicked a goal from a set shot. With our forward line struggling, we desperately need the mids to chip in with some goals.

Thought his kicking was really good yesterday too,especially considering the conditions

5 Likes

Was fantastic yesterday, His composure when in traffic stood out.

5 Likes