#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

He was very good last night especially in traffic. Just needs to change his thought process when kicking. Still reasonably good over 15-30m with his passing but anything more than that and more often than not it’s a floating rain maker or turn over. Hopefully we start to see him give off a bit more to guys running past.

2 Likes

He’s a great player, and a great captain.
We would be a far lesser team without him.

13 Likes

Reckon this dude needs a shout out. He was everywhere and did everything well.

2 Likes

He always does, and always is.

6 Likes

Putting together a really good year. His work rate is allways huge every week. Just cracks in and gets it done.

Probably win the bnf

2 Likes

Cops a lot of unfair criticism from some Blitzers but I love that he is a genuine 2 way runner.

He always covers the most kms out of anyone on our team.

An example of his workrate was the Cameron goal in the last quarter. It was from a direct centre clearance, probably taking 8-10 seconds from the restart. Gleeson got turned inside out with Cameron marking in the goal square.

Hepp nearly got there with his opponent nowhere in sight

1 Like

Absolutely agree with the tone of the latter part of this thread: this has been a great year for DH. To date, averaging 27.54 disposals per game, just shy of the 28.48 that he averaged in his best year, 2014. That year he won the Crichton and AA selection. Interestingly, his contested possession is a little up on that year as is his contested marking.

I’m happy to concede that not every disposal, especially his kicking, is silk. Nor is he lightning quick. But his courage can never be questioned. Nor his endeavour. DH bleeds red and black and leads from the front. He’s been doing it all year and he did it again in that final quarter last night. It’s taken him a while to show himself to be the captain that we all wanted him to be but he’s really starting to reveal that he’s got what it takes – and a little more.

Good onya, Dys.

8 Likes

Reckon he would get a game in most midfields- GWS and Collingwood included - based on heart and endeavour alone.

This guy has also been managing OP his whole career and just plays through it. He doesn’t like to talk about it but a game like last night must take it out of him.

2 Likes

he was limping after the game

1 Like

Yep. They quizzed him about it after the game and he moved on the conversation very quickly. He’s tough as nails but it must be horrible to play through.

2 Likes

What was the reason for the late out?

Sore foot (I think).

Foot… sore.

1 Like

Go easy on the hungover bloke. :laughing:

1 Like

Must’ve been the plan all along for Hepp to miss.

Alluded after the game in the rooms when interviewed last week that he was carrying something and that no player enters a game “100%” these days.

Then Langford was “dropped” but not named in the VFL and was a late in.

Had to be the plan all along to try and throw the Swans off.

Anyone know if it’s a bad injury or not?

My friend was sitting in front of him at the VFL today and said Dyson was wearing a moonboot. Sounds like more than “foot soreness” to me.

They put moon boots on everything these days

2 Likes

I reckon it was a late call for Hepp to miss.

If it was the plan the whole time they wouldn’t have ‘dropped’ Langford given the furore this created.

They would have just had Guelfi as emergency and brought him in as the late inclusion if it was always going to be the case