#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Channel 9 News has footage from training today.

He had the moonboot back on. Not a surprise coz it helps recovery but a reminder that he’s going to be week to week from now on

1 Like

I hope they operate the second the season is done so he’s right for pre-season.

3 Likes

is that a Bra that Shakes??

Interesting.

1 Like

Does anyone know what Dysons problem with his feet is? I know they say it’s genetic… Could it be the same as James Hirds foot problem.

James Hird’s biggest foot problem was that it was addicted to winning games on it’s own.

7 Likes

Growth plate not fully attached as it usually does by mid-teen time. Both feet, one has been operated on a few years ago.

3 Likes

The footage of Dys running back with the flight of the ball near centre in the last and Tex squibbing the same contest was highlighted by OTC as the difference between the two captains and their teams
TW didn’t come out looking good at all whereas it highlighted Hepps courage

5 Likes

They’d be mad to have him play against Freo. That stadium is terrible on the feet.

2 Likes

Aren’t you going to let him carry the trophy around the boundary??

9 Likes

One of the reasons we got to draft him was because he had a genetic foot condition but I’m pretty sure it was on the other foot. We knew all about this when we drafted him. He will probably need to have surgery it comes down to when he has it??? If he is able to play without further damage and having something to help with the pain I suppose.

Thanks for the reply… Sounds painful.

Interesting… I think I heard somewhere that one foot had already been operated on. Don’t know when that was supposed to have happened.

Yes, he then quickly changed the subject and talked about the team instead of his injury.

Not sure but I think you’ll find doing more research that Dyson had either just had surgery when we drafted him or was about to. It was on the other foot. The club knew about it, checked it out with a surgeon and did all their research. Dyson will probably need surgery??? Whether it is now or at the end of the season, depends on how it stands up to him playing with the injury and how it is managed.

Wasn’t it Dyson’s groin that there were concerns over before the draft which was supposed to be spooking clubs?

From reading Blitz over the years I understood the main ongoing concern with Hepp was his haircut.
Groins and foot growth plates can be resolved by modern medicine.

8 Likes

I think we need to change the thread heading to Dyson “no doubt” Heppell. Been using that quite a while now!

“Yeah nah”.

1 Like

Please DJR. “No doubt” – please make is so…

Really surprised they did one foot and not just the other at the same time.