#22 Irving ‘MO22IE’ Mosquito

I wouldn’t be throwing him in yet. Plenty of other guys with runs on the board who deserve a spot.

He would bring energy to the squad.

Not to mention the supporters.

Bring him in!

1 Like

Until he had no energy left… likely about halfway through the 2nd quarter.

Guys like Parish and Langford are still getting nurses through games for some reason so another won’t hurt.

Bring him in!

I am coming down to the Dreamtime Games this year.

YOU WILL PLAY MO22IE.

5 Likes

These AFL level guys get all the perks. I only ever got oranges at half time!

18 Likes

Aka: destroy his career and love of football.

1 Like

He will not play this season

1 Like

It would be a really strange decision if he plays really well in the 2’s and doesn’t get a game.

Why make that call so early, that’s just silly?

Just on that, there seems to be this language around Moz as if he’s just got to Melbourne fresh from the outback. That couldn’t be further from the truth, he’s been in the same junior pathway programs as all our other draftees and based in Victoria since he was 12. Yes he’s from a remote community like Walla was, but he was genuinely fit last year and his bottom age year. Walla needed to work on that.

3 Likes

And Lucas, Lloyd, Winderlich and numerous others played footy at VFL and AFL level whilst finishing year 12

2 Likes

Irving is going to playing against AFL sized bodies soon enough. See how he goes and take it from there.

And Fletcher played in a premiership in grade 12.

2 Likes

Orazio Fantasia is 178cm, 77kg (64kg on Wiki, lol), Mozzie 176cm, 72kg.

It’s not like he’ll get run over by trucks. But in saying that, he’ll need at least 2-3 games first to warrant selection.

BRING

I know we all want something to get excited about but you can’t expect Mozzie to be playing seniors this year unless its round 20-23 and our season is over

On Saturday, he kicked a great goal and had a couple of other nice touches. But apart from that he ran around like a guy playing his first game at that level. He’s nowhere near a senior game at the moment.

2 Likes

You’re harshing our collective mellow, dude!

3 Likes

Just fkg play him

1 Like

I disagree.

He was on Nick Hind for quite a bit of the game and he had him cold on quite a few occasions and considering his comparative lack of experience that’s pretty darn good.

He kicked two and set up another as well as got involved further up the ground.

He’s a natural goal sneak in the Cyril mould and doesn’t need many touches to be valuable.

And I was pleasantly surprised at how big he was. I was fully expecting a kid.

6 Likes