#22 Irving ‘MO22IE’ Mosquito

Yep OK sure lets bring him in this week.

In fact we should play him in the forward pocket and leave him isolated 1 on 2 in the forward line and bomb it on his head, because that’ll definitely help his development.

2 Likes

But you know it will be Dreamtime…

1 Like

The bombing on the head is obviously a function of poor play further up the ground.

A player like Mo22ie would do well in a side that locks the ball in the forward 50 for significant portions of the match.

The games no where near as physical as people like to think it is. It’s basically an uncontested game now compared to 20 years ago.

I don’t care.

Bring him in :blush:

This whole site is about early calls. Next week we’ll be reading about how the 2020s are cooked.

4 Likes

So you’re saying the season isn’t over?

2 Likes

haha that’s my point.

No way Woosha will play him at this stage

Mike, I suspect you are talking about the last 2 AFL games Essendon played?

He’s listed as 72kg on the club website, which is not bad. I was expecting him to be like 65kg. Hopefully he’s put on a few more kgs since then. Dont think we should bring him in this week, but bring him in for the game against Brisbane the week after

Either of those would be awesome.

But I’d like him to debut against the Hawks.

5 Likes

Give the kid a run. We are way too conservative with debutants at this club. The only time we had a slew of them was the top up year.

3 Likes

I reckon he will play this year, but not when he’s only played 3/4 of a VFL practice match. We need a bit of patience.

So I reckon round 4.

6 Likes

if they dont play him this week im going to be really cross and film myself stomping on one of my 13 scarfs.

3 Likes

Haven’t read all posts here but I think we should play him.
I have just the spot for him.

Here follows all the Alwyn Davie jokes and those of our tall forward Walla.

1 Like

Could just as easily say that, after he’s bamboozled both opponents, leaving them sprawled on the turf, and winning goal of the year, that’d help his development.

I don’t know if he’d sink or swim, but neither does anyone else on Blitz. Speculate away.

1 Like

Not that I’m in anyway interested in pouring kero on this fire, but he’s quite good overhead.

1 Like

I remember him going to the Gold Coast as an emergency in Rd 17 and getting left out of the squad the following week against a struggling Freo. Both games were prime opportunity to get him up to afl pace.
He came in against Sydney and done ok but was found out against Hawthorn the week after.

We are hesitant to play youth, fact.

I remember him playing Anzac Day and doing literally nothing after qtr time because he was absolutely cooked. Limited minutes in a VFL practice match after next to no pre-season is not physically ready. FACT.

A true reflection of our selection committee,
Play them underdone and give little opportunity to ones that are ready.

Good to hear - I haven’t seen him actually do much in that regard, yet. Look forward to it.