#22 Irving ‘MO22IE’ Mosquito

He was cooked on Anzac Day 2017.

But ROM is talking about 2018, 15 month’s later & Francis was absolutely primed to play that Gold Coast game, I remember it well. A much easier introduction than being hit with the Swans & Hawks as your first 2 comeback games.

1 Like

So he was cooked when he wasn’t physically ready… 18mths later he was ready and when subsequently picked later that season he was able to run out a game. thanks for highlighting my point perfectly.

No we are talking about hesitancy to play the youngsters when they are well & truly overdue.

Mossie won’t get a game this year, no matter how much he burns it up in the 2nds

You can talk about that hesitancy to play kids when they’re overdue when this kid is actually overdue. Half a VFL practice match isn’t ■■■■■■■ overdue!

5 Likes

Agree with Mike. I don’t think his lack of size is a major issue. These days you get a free if someone simply puts there hand on your chest.
I would love Mozzie to make an early debut.

Kid is bigger than Alwyn Davey was on debut for sure

1 Like

Only 13 scarfs. Mate you are lacking in loyalty there. Clearly haven’t been a member for long enough. Lol

But not if they put a hand on your back.

I don’t know why people find this game difficult to understand.

1 Like

Maybe just select him as an emergency and have him in the rooms/warm up with the team that would bring energy and excitement enough for now.

The club indicated as much when they drafted him. He was always going to take time. There’s no need to rush him.

I agree, the issue that ROM & me had was last year when they hesitated & hesitated before bringing in Franga. I even wouldn’t look at Mossie till the 2nd half of the season

I love to do ‘what ifs’ & my belief was that if Franga had been playing a couple of games earlier LY, he would have a brilliant match up to play on Gunston in the Hawks game, who ended up beating Hurley & winning them the game off his own boot - probably cost us a spot in the finals that game, that’s why I like to ‘what ifs’.

In my mind, play Franga earlier = beat Hawks = play finals & probably bow out spectacularly as usual

Sorry to be the party pooper, but the Cats were in 8th with 13 wins and a percentage of 131.6 meaning we would have had to beat the Hawks by around 500 points. Now i’m a big Franga fan, don’t get me wrong, but is he the difference in a 500 point thrashing? I guess we’ll never know…

3 Likes

No way I would be playing him yet.

Let him string together 3-4 good VFL games before we throw him in.

2 Likes

It won’t happen anyway but we can dream.

If Woosha remains coach I expect he will debut 2025

1 Like

Dreamtime. We know it’s gonna happen

Strengths/Weaknesses
Analysis

Baguley vs Mozzie

Baguley S - experienced,averages a goal a game, is leading our goal kicking 2019, best performing small forward
W - Old, slow, less disposals than Fanta, less tackles than TIppa.

Mozzie - S - will bring X factor, lift team, if can kick a goal then will match Baguleys output, Has speed
W - Body will he get pushed around?, Inexperienced

I guess if your Baguley you would be a little annoyed that your the best scoring small forward and you get dropped for a first gamer and the ball hasnt spent that much time forward.

Hate to burst the bubble, but he did actually play that game. He got fined for a brilliant hip and shoulder on O’Meara, and Gunston beat him hands down. Hurley played on Roughead most of that match.

5 Likes

Are you saying Franga played and we didn’t win by 500+ points? (i do remember now)

No, Hurley started on Gunston, got the run around& had 4 kicked on him in less than 3 quarters, then Francis was moved on to him & get one kicked on him. Hooker started on Roughhead

But the other ‘what if’ is that maybe with a couple more games under his belt, Woosha may have been game to start Franga on Gunston - we will never know

3 Likes

We beat the Hawks, then get an infamous run on & beat Richmond 2 weeks later, as we have our tails up, then get flogged the first week of finals.

Don’t you guys know how to do ‘what if’s’?

3 Likes