#22 Irving ‘MO22IE’ Mosquito

SWERVING IRVING MOSQUITO!

4 Likes

After seeing his highlights vid and this I’m pretty happy

1 Like

Absolutely first class name.

Anyone know if he is any good at football?

1 Like

Orazio Fantasia
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
Irving Mosquito

We are so far out front for best names in the comp it’s ridiculous!

11 Likes

JUST GET THE ■■■■ IN A JUMPER. NOW.

3 Likes

Sting in the tale: Mozzie comes ‘home’ to Dons

Adrian Johnson

Nov 23, 2018 2:28PM

A boyhood Essendon fan, Irving Mosquito will now pull on the red and black for the Bombers

Related

THE FIRST time Irving Mosquito stepped onto the hallowed turf of the MCG was during this year’s Dreamtime at the 'G War Cry pre-game ceremony.

Mosquito, a childhood Essendon supporter, is now imagining the possibility of donning the red and black in next season’s blockbuster after the Bombers secured the Gippsland Power small forward with pick No.38 at the NAB AFL Draft on Friday.

Essendon is set to feature in an array of prime time games next season, including Good Friday against North Melbourne and Anzac Day against Collingwood, but Mosquito, a proud indigenous man, has his eyes set on the Bombers’ annual Dreamtime clash against Richmond.

“I’m looking forward to the Dreamtime clash the most,” Mosquito told AFL.com.au after he was drafted.

NAB AFL DRAFT HUB Latest news, video and more

"I danced on the ground as part of the Richmond indigenous camp this year, it was my first time on the 'G.

“I was pretty nervous when I stepped onto the ground, all eyes were on me.”

A member of Hawthorn’s Next Generation Academy, Mosquito expected to be drafted to Waverley after the Hawks nominated him ahead of the Draft.

But when the Hawks decided against matching Essendon’s bid for the speedy forward, Mosquito was a Bomber.

The pleasure in Essendon’s corner was palpable, amplified by a fist pump from list manager Adrian Dodoro, who did not conceal his excitement.

Embedded video

AFL :heavy_check_mark: @AFL

When you’re happy with your draft haul 💪 #AFLDraft

1:11 PM - Nov 23, 2018

17 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

“It was a pretty nerve-wracking wait, but I’m very excited (to be drafted). I’m a Bombers fan,” Mosquito said .

“My family goes for Essendon. I’ve supported them since I was like four or five years old.”

More to come

10 Likes

36 Likes

Paul

I HATE ESSENDON EVEN MORE NOW ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■

12:57 PM · Nov 23, 2018 · Twitter for iPhone

Hawthorn supporter on Twitter…

38 Likes

Hoping for mosquito or Cameron.
Like this pick.
Funnily eagles got Cameron with next pick.

I was going to ask how the Hawthorn forums are handling us picking up Irving?

Bit more height than I expected.

Niiiiiice.

5 Likes

What a huge smile. They must have taken that photo just after EFC drafted him, or perhaps it was right after the Dawks passed on matching the bid. Doesn’t matter, either way, it is a great grin.

Was wondering who’d get the no. 9

We “stole” Shiel from them and now Mozzie! lol

2 Likes

Take him under your wing Walla

Bring true meaning to Mosquito fleet

Disco loves it!!

1 Like

Hopefully these comparisons to Cyril don’t put the moz on him

6 Likes

you take that back you monster.

love him. what a character.

2 Likes