#22 - Jake Carlisle: Gone

When Milne had his rape trial his lawyer brought up his "youth" at the time of the attack. He was 23 or 24.

Maybe it’s like dog years in reverse, a 25 year old footballer is like a 15 year old real person.

Yeah, should footy players be classed as minors until they are retired?

Agree that Milne was a dog though.

Only until they’ve a Herald Sun article about them in which they describe how they’ve matured

Damn it, and here I was at 22, thinking I was all grown up and stuff.

Only the real minority of players act like this anyway, for every Carlisle there is a Heppell or a Watson who act far more mature than their age suggests.

I have it on very good authority that the salary review of Carlisle at St.K post the video that with the marketing component taken out and also other incentive based KPIs being altered that JC will be on LESS than what he was on at EFC last year. LOL!

Now that is comedy gold.

Expensive line of coke that one.

I have it on very good authority that the salary review of Carlisle at St.K post the video that with the marketing component taken out and also other incentive based KPIs being altered that JC will be on LESS than what he was on at EFC last year. LOL!

Wonder which figure his manager bases is commission on.

Are they seriously allowed to do that?

Are they seriously allowed to do that?

Only if Carlisle lets them.

I imagine the “marketing allowance” is at the discretion of the AFL, no matter what his contract with St Kilda said.

Because it wasn’t a free agency transfer or PSD, presumably any price on Carlisle could not be signed officially until he got to St Kilda. Did McConville use his few hours of grace, between the trade and the ACA ad dropping, productively?!?

I seriously don’t get the hate/mental ■■■■■■■ at his expense.
This is a guy who could have easily chosen Carlton. Easily.

I hope he tears it up next season.
I hope one of the biggest discussions at the end of 2016 is how you fit Hurley, Hooker and Carlisle into the AA team.

I can confirm that the Saints have been fined by Wada for sending their entire playing list to a far flung, isolated location without notifying them.

I can also confirm that this location is Seaford.

I seriously don't get the hate/mental ■■■■■■■ at his expense. This is a guy who could have easily chosen Carlton. Easily.
Me either.

I’m not going to not laugh at any/all mistakes he makes, though.

I seriously don't get the hate/mental ■■■■■■■ at his expense. This is a guy who could have easily chosen Carlton. Easily.
Me either.

I’m not going to not laugh at any/all mistakes he makes, though.

No offence, but take out the double negative and your post makes zero sense.
I can see the thought is there though, if not the resolve.

I hope one of the biggest discussions at the end of 2016 is how you fit Hurley, Hooker and Carlisle into the AA team.

that’s heartwarming and beautiful Wimm.

I hold zero hopes for any players that leave the club and please refrain from mentioning Hurley, Hooker and Carlisle in the same sentence.

I hold zero hopes for any players that leave the club and please refrain from mentioning Hurley, Hooker and Carlisle in the same sentence.

Sorry, can’t comply.
Because I remember little things like match-winning games.
Things like the last decent player to leave Essendon deliberately going out of his way to ■■■■ the club over.
I remember the crap that Hurley copped before he was moved into his natural position, although it would seem no-one else does.
I remember the attempt to shunt Hooker off.
I remember the captain of the club taking half a year of stress leave.
I remember Bradley, and Richards.
I remember the terrible decisions I made when I was Carlisle’s age, and older, and under far less pressure, and that I was lucky enough not to have ■■■■ mates.
I remember the absolute turmoil the club has been in over the last three years, and the constant change of direction.

Carlisle was a very, very good Essendon player, who was shoved from pillar to post in the worst period in the club’s history.
I will not laugh at his misfortune.
I wish him well. And will continue to do so.

Sorry, can’t comply.
Things like the last decent player to leave Essendon deliberately going out of his way to ■■■■ the club over.
I remember the crap that Hurley copped before he was moved into his natural position, although it would seem no-one else does.
I remember the terrible decisions I made when I was Carlisle’s age, and older, and under far less pressure, and that I was lucky enough not to have ■■■■ mates.
I remember the absolute turmoil the club has been in over the last three years, and the constant change of direction.

Carlisle was a very, very good Essendon player, who was shoved from pillar to post in the worst period in the club’s history.

May I suggest you try writing a gratitude list every night before you go to bed. Your bad memories will fade.

And fark carlisle

Sorry, can’t comply.

Also, he was better than KAV.

As I recall, for his last 2 years in the EFC backline his role was most spectacularly as an intercept marker . Fletch was the best sweeper in the AFL knowing exactly when to run off his man, and Hooker took the no 1 KPF. We had one of the best backlines in the AFL in 2012, 2013 and , 2014, but Carlisle did not lead the backline , did not take the no 1 KPF and was the new kid on the block without a lot of expectation as a defender.
At stKilda there will be a lot of pressure on him to perform, to take leadership in the backline and take the best KPF. It will be all new territory for him and he will be basically emerging from a xxxxstorm he created for himself. This will not be easy. It will make him or break him.

As I recall, for his last 2 years in the EFC backline his role was most spectacularly as an intercept marker . Fletch was the best sweeper in the AFL knowing exactly when to run off his man, and Hooker took the no 1 KPF. We had one of the best backlines in the AFL in 2012, 2013 and , 2014, but Carlisle did not lead the backline , did not take the no 1 KPF and was the new kid on the block without a lot of expectation as a defender.
At stKilda there will be a lot of pressure on him to perform, to take leadership in the backline and take the best KPF. It will be all new territory for him and he will be basically emerging from a xxxxstorm he created for himself. This will not be easy. It will make him or break him.

Except when, you know, he actually did…

Couldn’t agree more that Hawthorn would have been a far easier gig.
You’re not right about not being the general in the backline two years ago, though.
He took Walker, Pavlich and Cloke in the first three rounds of 2013.
And beat them all.
I know some want to rewrite history about that, I guess it makes them feel better about things somehow, but I’m not going to let that happen.

OTOH he didn’t take Reiwoldt (J or N). But they were about the only #1 big forwards he didn’t have.